Hello, my introduction!

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Indurrago

Hello, my introduction!

Post by Indurrago »

Hello, fellow sports haters. I've never been good at introductions but here I go. When I was young I was actually quite the active little kid who enjoyed running and playing games. As I got older sports became less appealing to me and very quickly. Actually read alot of books especially ones on dinosaurs. By the time I reached the 6th grade I had grown a strong distaste for them and managed to get out of gym class for several months with only get alittle warning to never do it again. When, Instead of taking P.E. for two years(both middle and high school in my city so actually four yrs.), I could have taken class that's actually might be USEFUL to me in the REAL world like a foreign language. I found it annoying that make physical education a must in all of the branches of education including college which I was when I finally thought I was free of anymore mandatory classes of useless exercises and children's' games. Now, here I am freshmen in college still playing the good ol' sports but I finally found a sanctuary in this world full of ball-obsessed people. Nice to meet you all! Oh, eating and sleeping don't count as sports right?
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
Fitz301

Re: Hello, my introduction!

Post by Fitz301 »

Thankfully sleeping is NOT a sport!!
Welcome aboard the... um... board :) !!
You might be a sports fan/jerk if...
You've ever started a sentence with "Buddy of mine..." or "I got a buddy..."
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Welcome, comrade!

I Hope We Lose!
Canadian_Hockey_Hater

Post by Canadian_Hockey_Hater »

hello and welcome! always nice to see new members that need a little time away from the seemingly sports obsessed world!
Sports contribute nothing to society. They are a waste of time, money, effort and TV channels! It's just a bunch of buffed up, fat headed, idiotic jocks chasing a ball around.

If cheerleading were any easier... It would be called football!
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

Thanks for the warm welcome. Although I'm a new member here in the forums I've actually been going to this site for over a year. I've read through all your stuff like your letters and articles. Though, that wasn't enough for me so I decided to join the forums. I feel honored to be here, and this site is like a fresh of breath no matter how many times I go here. And one last thing, sports suck and always will.
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

Amen! I am sitting here now because The Simpsons is supposed to be on, but instead they are showing stupid race cars zooming repeatedly around a stupid track. What is up with that?

Anyway, welcome! :D
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
jockocaust

Post by jockocaust »

Welcome to the board. As a kid, I didn't have the courage to tell all the sports-crazed fanatics around me, the truth. I was outnumbered to say the least, and the implied............ "any kid dat dont play sportz iza faaag"

SO MUCH FOR THAT IDEA!

RaleighRob

Post by RaleighRob »

Indurrago wrote:.... I found it annoying that make physical education a must in all of the branches of education including college which I was when I finally thought I was free of anymore mandatory classes of useless exercises and children's' games. Now, here I am freshmen in college still playing the good ol' sports but I finally found a sanctuary in this world full of ball-obsessed people.
Wow...how big is your college? Do they not offer a variety of Phys Ed courses you can choose from?
My university allowed students to fulfill that requirement any way you wanted to. True, they had some sports-related PE courses, but fortunately they also allowed you to choose "Health & Fitness" types courses like Hiking, Aerobics, Fitness Walking, Bicycling, Archery, Weights, Dancing, Swimming, etc. It was a big relief, to say the least, to be able to get those PE requirements out of the way without having to do actual sports! :)
But I would guess in some smaller colleges, they may not offer that much variety, making it more difficult for those not sports-inclined. :(