Fat Man Needs to go, play sports, and get some damn exercise

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Fit Man
Sports Bore

Fat Man Needs to go, play sports, and get some damn exercise

Post by Fit Man »

No wonder Fat Man hates sports so much: he's fat and simply un-athletic. Just because you aren't good at something, Fat Man, doesn't give you the right to call it wrong and hate on it so much. If you actually got off of your fat ass for once in your life and ran a few laps, you overall health will improve greatly. Plus, exercise is not only good for your body. It is scientifically proven that exercise releases endorphins in the brain that lead to a happier individual. Many people on this site just seem so bitter, especially Fat Man.

Another reason you claim to hate sports is because bullies picked on you? Well BOO-HOO! You wouldn't have been such an easy target if you weren't so fat and out of shape to begin with. Stay in shape, and you won't be messed with. It's called survival of the fittest, and that's basic evolution. But you probably failed biology class, didn't you? You seem to have the IQ of a dog.

Fat Man is a disgrace to humanity. He promotes being a fat, lazy sloth. If the whole world were like Fat Man, it would be a depressing place. For one, our society wouldn't be able to do the simplest of tasks, such as manual labor. All of our citizens would get a heart attack at the lift of a finger. Fit citizens are simply more productive and much better workers than fat workers. Study after study has shown this.

My general point here, is that sports aren't bad at all. They promote good fitness when the sport is used in its purest form. This leads to a happier society, and a productive society.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: Fat Man Needs to go, play sports, and get some damn exer

Post by Fat Man »

[b][color=#FF00FF]Fit Man[/color][/b] wrote:No wonder Fat Man hates sports so much: he's fat and simply un-athletic. Just because you aren't good at something, Fat Man, doesn't give you the right to call it wrong and hate on it so much. If you actually got off of your fat ass for once in your life and ran a few laps, you overall health will improve greatly. Plus, exercise is not only good for your body. It is scientifically proven that exercise releases endorphins in the brain that lead to a happier individual. Many people on this site just seem so bitter, especially Fat Man.

Another reason you claim to hate sports is because bullies picked on you? Well BOO-HOO! You wouldn't have been such an easy target if you weren't so fat and out of shape to begin with. Stay in shape, and you won't be messed with. It's called survival of the fittest, and that's basic evolution. But you probably failed biology class, didn't you? You seem to have the IQ of a dog.

Fat Man is a disgrace to humanity. He promotes being a fat, lazy sloth. If the whole world were like Fat Man, it would be a depressing place. For one, our society wouldn't be able to do the simplest of tasks, such as manual labor. All of our citizens would get a heart attack at the lift of a finger. Fit citizens are simply more productive and much better workers than fat workers. Study after study has shown this.

My general point here, is that sports aren't bad at all. They promote good fitness when the sport is used in its purest form. This leads to a happier society, and a productive society.
Welcome Fit Man

Let me be the very first to welcome you to our anti-sports forum.

I suspected, that very soon, your will have bestowed upon you the coveted Jersey of Shame.

Do wear it in pride!

Anyway . . . . .

For your information you ignorant fuck-tard, the reason why I was lousy in sports was because when I was 4 years old, I fell out of the car and busted my left knee on the pavement!

As a result, my left knee was crippled up, and I was unable to run, and I walked with a limp.

The first time I got suspended from school was because I failed to climb a stupid rope in the gymnasium. It made no difference that I was passing all my other academic subjects like science, math, history, etc. etc.

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sports in our schools were were important than academics.

Also, when I was a kid in grade school, I was not fat. I didn't start becoming overweight until I was 13 years old, so I did not fail to climb the rope because of my weight, but because of my crippled up left knee. In fact, in the gym class there was this one fat kid who was able to climb at least a fourth of the way up the rope.

Uh, by the way, I'm 59 years old now, and I'm going to be 60 years old this coming September 30, and I have arthritis in both of my knees and in both ankles, so, I think I'm a little too old to go out and play any moronic retarded childish games.

I do have a physical therapist that comes twice a week to my home, and I do get some exercise, but due to the arthritis, I'm limited in what I can do. OK?

Now, going back to my school days again . . . . .

When I was in the 5th grade, I had my first male teacher, and he was really Gung Ho when it came to sports. He liked to humiliate me in front of the other students, and one day, he punched me in the stomach with a basketball so hard I was doubled over in pain and it seemed like forever before I could breath again. I was damn lucky he didn't fracture any of my ribs. I was sore around my ribs for 2 weeks after that.

Then, there was another incident when we went to the school library. I saw this Astronomy book that I wanted, but he would not allow me to check it out. All the other kids were allowed to check out any book they wanted, but I wasn't. We got into an argument over it, and he dragged me out into the hallway and pushed me back, bashing my head against the corner of the concrete block wall.

The following year, that teacher was fired, and could not get a teaching job anywhere else. But for me, the damage was done. I was 11 years old at the time, and from that day on, and through out my teenage years, I had dizzy spells and headaches which gradually became less intense and when I was in my early 20s, I didn't have the headaches dizzy spells anymore.

I had suffered a severe concision as a result of the blow to my head.

Hey! My mother taught me how to read and write before I even started school, and when I was only in the third grade I could already read at the high school and adult level, and science was my favorite subject. I was raised in a poor family. We didn't have a lot of money, but as a kid, I though we were rich because we had a house full of books. When I was 13 years old, I scored 150 points on a standard IQ test.

OK, when I was in high school, my so-called science teacher was also the school's football coach, who was too fucking busy coaching his team of pre-frontally lobotomized baboons to be teaching in the classroom. So, instead, he set up the movie projector, and then he would leave the classroom, and we would be just sitting in the dark watching a bunch of stupid cartoons.

Yeah! That's what we did, instead of learning science.

This was back in 1969 when I was 17 years old.

I found out years later, back in the summer of 1996 from a teenage kid who graduated from the same school, that this particular teacher I had, was still teaching there. This kid said "I had this one science teacher who was really cool. He didn't make us study, and he would set up the TV and a VCR and we got to watch cartoons instead! Yeah! He was really cool." and when I asked him the name of the teacher, well, it was the very same teacher I had 27 years earlier.

Yeah! Really great! Eh?

And you wonder why I hate sports?

GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU SANCTIMONIOUS SCUM-BAG PIECE OF DOG SHIT!!!

PS

To the board moderators, please don't ban this fool!

It's been quite a while since I have had the opportunity to have torn somebody a new one!

At least, this obnoxious sports bore is better than all the spammers we've been having here lately.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Fit Man
Sports Bore

Post by Fit Man »

So, you base your hatred of sports off a small sample size of assholes. That really makes sense! :roll: You consider yourself such an intelligent and intellectually superior person, but you base your hatred of sports off such a minuscule sample size. Really, Fat Man? Really?

Oh, and I Proudly will accept the title of Sports Bore. Better than being "Fat Man". I'm also not the least bit homophobic and I'm secure in my sexuality, so that "Gay" jersey doesn't phase me at all. So come at with what you got.

You've also ignored all the beneficial aspects that I said sports provide. I challenge you to rebuke them. Oh, that's right, you can't. Because you have your head stuck so far up your asshole you are just full of hatred and cannot think clearly.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

[b][color=#FF00FF]Fit Man[/color][/b] wrote:So, you base your hatred of sports off a small sample size of assholes. That really makes sense! :roll: You consider yourself such an intelligent and intellectually superior person, but you base your hatred of sports off such a minuscule sample size. Really, Fat Man? Really?

Oh, and I Proudly will accept the title of Sports Bore. Better than being "Fat Man". I'm also not the least bit homophobic and I'm secure in my sexuality, so that "Gay" jersey doesn't phase me at all. So come at with what you got.

You've also ignored all the beneficial aspects that I said sports provide. I challenge you to rebuke them. Oh, that's right, you can't. Because you have your head stuck so far up your asshole you are just full of hatred and cannot think clearly.
Excuse me, but there are far better ways to get exercise other than competitive sports.

When I was home from school, I got exercise by riding my bicycle. I also enjoyed hiking in the woods, even though I walked with a limp because of my crippled up left knee, I still got some exercise by hiking.

As a kid, I lived up in Minnesota, and I liked going out into the woods to collect specimens to examine under my microscope. I had one of those microscope and lab kits.

I was 13 when our family moved down to New Mexico, and I enjoyed hiking out in the desert looking for cactus to transplant in our yard for my desert garden, and I liked hiking up into the hills looking for fossils. Science was my main hobby.

So, although I walked with a limp, because of my fucked up left knee, I didn't let that stop me from hiking out in the desert.

It's just that I was unable to run or climb ropes in a gymnasium. I was only lousy at sports, but I found other ways to get exercise. During the summer, I liked swimming. I once swam a mile across a lake without any floatation device. So, I was good at swimming.

There are a lot better ways to get fit, besides competitive sports.

Actually, most retired football players are eventually crippled up for life after so many years of playing on the field.

Yeah! Like, sports is good for physical fitness. Eh?

Uh huh! We know! We know!

Not to mention, there is not one single ex-football player who still has a healthy brain!

Also, I don't base my hatred of sports on a small miniscule sample of assholes:

I have a very large sample.

4th grade, an elementary school on the north shore of Lake Superior, where I was suspended for failing to climb a rope in the gym. Our family spent a year on the north shore.

5th grade, in another small town in Minnesota where I got punched in the stomach with a basketball in the gym, and got my head bashed against a concreted block wall in and argument over an Astronomy book I wasn't allowed to check out from the library.

7th grade, Truth or Consequences New Mexico. I was attacked in the gymnasium. After the coach finally told him to get off of me, because he said that I "had enough" then the coach jumped on me and attacked me. After much kicking and struggling, I managed to break way and took off across the gym. When the coach told me to come back, I told him to go to Hell, and he jumped me again and dragged me to the Principals office. After explaining what happened he was going to have the other student suspended for starting the fight, but the coach sucked up to the Principal because the student in question happened to be the schools star athlete, so I got suspended instead.

This resulted in a three year suspension. We moved down from Truth Or Consequences to Las Cruces, and before I was able to go back to school again, I was advised to go for therapy sessions at Dona Ana Mental Health, and it was three years before they decided I was ready to return to school again. Oh! I did have classes at a day canter and they held me back academically, while forcing more sports on me! Uh huh! Real nice! Eh?

10th grade, in a high school in Las Cruces New Mexico, The school where I had the lousy science teacher who was the school's football coach. Oh, and in English Literature we played Charades.

The only thing we learned in that high school was . . .

. . . how to fold paper footballs!!!

So, that is a fairly large sample! Yeah, four different schools from across the USA, and all four schools sucked! What are the odds?

GO FUCK YOURSELF!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Safety
Sportsman

Post by Safety »

This thread amuses me.
"I hold that the parentheses are by far the most important parts of a non-business letter." - D. H. Lawrence
Earl

Post by Earl »

I'm glad you're amused, Safety. :) It's about time we got a little action around here! So, let's have a flame war ... :twisted:

You ought to read some of the threads at http://able2know.org. :wink: For example, "DO NOT DISCUSS SEX WITH ME," which features (among other personages) JGoldman10 and wmwcjr, which is yours truly. :mrgreen:

Edit:Safety, what were you doing staying up so late? It was way past your bedtime, young man! :x (not to mention mine) And by the way, in case you haven't already noticed ... you need to get another avatar.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Safety wrote:This thread amuses me.
Well, I'm certainly glad that you're amused, even if it's at my expanse, uh, I mean, expense!
Earl wrote:I'm glad that you're amused, Safety. :) It's about time we got a little action around here! :twisted:

You ought to read some of the threads at http://able2know.org. :wink: For example, "DO NOT DISCUSS SEX WITH ME," which features (among other personages) JGoldman10 and wmwcjr, which is yours truly. :mrgreen:
Well, I prefer not to go back to that forum, especially after Hawkeye10 -AKA - Myopic Dodo Bird made the comment that being raped is a blessing!

Yeah, and I also like the part where Fit Man said . . .
Fat Man is a disgrace to humanity.
Well, all I wanted was to be able to get through school studying science and math in the hope that I would have been able to pursue a career in science.

I never went around destroying another student's art projects as mine were when I was in high school. I never went around bullying and beating up on those who were smaller and weaker than I was. I have never beaten and raped anybody, as I was beaten and raped by an older man when I was 17 years old. I have never done all the shit to anybody else, as had been done to me.

I only wanted to get through school, and get on with my life.

And yet, Fit Man calls me a disgrace to humanity, just because I'm fat, and just because I had a crippled up left knee which was the result of being in a car accident!

Yeah, some drooling moron makes 5 million dollars every year just for kicking a football, but I'm a disgrace to humanity???

Hell, back in 1970, my own brother tried to come after me with a shot gun. He wanted to blow me away because he felt that my wanting to build an 8 inch Newtonian reflector telescope was causing me to be disruptive our our family.

My brother was in the high school marching band, he played the trumpet, and he was damn good at it. Yeah, I'll give credit where credit was due. But my dear sweet younger brother was a conceited fop! Our mother, she worked her ass off for my brother, getting his marching uniform altered to fit him properly, and we spent time attending the concerts and the football games to watch my brother perform and march.

There were times when I needed new clothes, or new shoes, but had to settle for wearing old clothes because our family invested money in my younger brother.

Then, one day, I ordered a kit from the Edmund Scientific Co. to build a telescope. My mother felt that I deserved to have something for myself as well. OK. The grinding and polishing of an 8 inch mirror meant, that I had to keep the bedroom as clean as possible to keep out any stray dust particles that might cause scratches during the polishing. My brother and I shared the same bedroom, and he was going stomp at the time, dressed up in western clothes, and coming in from outdoors, hanging up his dusty western jacket on the curtain rod, getting dust on my work, and I took his jacket down and told him to hang it up in the closet.

We use to get into some really loud arguments over that, and then one day, he decided to go into a neighbor's house, steal their shot gun, and come after me with it, just because he felt that I was disrupting the family (translation - cramping his style) but fortunately, the owner saw him coming out of his house with the shot gun and took it away from him.

Yeah, my dear sweet younger brother wanted to blow me away with a shotgun!

Also, one day, my dear sweet younger brother got drunk and wrecked our mother's car!

I also had an asshole of a stepfather who use to get drunk and beat up on my mother and I, but my brother got along with him just fine. They were two of a kind!

Oh! And my dear sweet younger sister, she was also a whoring little bimbo slut on drugs. After she turned 18 and moved out on her own, she ripped off with all my record albums, my Space Odyssey 2001, and my Simon And Garfunkel albums and left one of my records, Who Will Answer, laying on her desk where it got warped from the sun beating down on it.

So, even my family life sucked!!!

I couldn't have shit!!!

Oh! But I'm a disgrace to humanity! Eh?

YEAH RIGHT!!!

Brigan

Post by Brigan »

Fat Man wrote: To the board moderators, please don't ban this fool!
Why would they? He's just like you. he likes to swear a lot.

Or is it... that he hurt your feelings?
i_like_1981 wrote:I respect a person who uses the knowledge they have of our language to come onto a forum with an opposing view and attempt to have a decent discussion. He's trying his best. Defend your points all you want, Fat Man, but it's unfair to insult his English skills when he's not a native speaker and is trying his hardest to communicate with us.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Brigan wrote:
Fat Man wrote: To the board moderators, please don't ban this fool!
Why would they? He's just like you. he likes to swear a lot.

Or is it... that he hurt your feelings?
Oh my! Aren't you so glad that you lived a much better life, that you were never beaten and raped, that you never had somebody come after you with a shot gun, that you had everything go your way like a spoiled rotten little brat, and everybody around you fell on their asses for you just because you were jock in high school.

Yeah! And I'll just bet that all the shallow minded bubble-headed bimbos in your high school, with the collective IQ of a steam iron, all got in line just to sniff your jock strap.

If you ever get married, the only thing you'll ever get is some jersey chasing, penny-a-trick two-bit slut who spreads her legs apart for a nickle, and perhaps a disease!

Don't come in here acting so high and mighty thinking that you're better than the rest of us.

You're nothing. You got that? BOY!!!

You're just a worm, an insect, a dung beetle batting away at your little ball of muck and fooling yourself that you trundle the sun.

Get outta here you little toilet guppy!!!

You bore me!

People like you, make me sick!

FUCK OFF AND DIE!!!

Brigan

Post by Brigan »

Fat Man wrote:
Irrelevant wall of text

I'm a Jock? hah news to me... I was a little fat kid at highschool.

Your Argument is invalid.
i_like_1981 wrote:I respect a person who uses the knowledge they have of our language to come onto a forum with an opposing view and attempt to have a decent discussion. He's trying his best. Defend your points all you want, Fat Man, but it's unfair to insult his English skills when he's not a native speaker and is trying his hardest to communicate with us.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Brigan wrote:
Fat Man wrote:
Irrelevant wall of text

I'm a Jock? hah news to me... I was a little fat kid at highschool.

Your Argument is invalid.
Oh oh!

Well, I'll just bet our newest forum member Fit Shit will probably come down on you just as he came down on me, just because you were fat and weren't into sports.

So, I guess we're both going to be in dutch!

Brigan

Post by Brigan »

Fat Man wrote:
Oh oh!

Well, I'll just bet our newest forum member Fit Shit will probably come down on you just as he came down on me, just because you were fat and weren't into sports.

So, I guess we're both going to be in dutch!
Exactly. "were" as in, past tense.

I'm no longer Fat, Because I decided to lose some Weight.

Eating healthy is a non athletic way. In case you come again with your overused excuses.

edit: Let's practice namecalling as well, do you prefer me calling you Fat Shit?
Fit Man
Sports Bore

Post by Fit Man »

Your sample size is still minuscule, Fat Man. 4 schools out of how many in the United States? At the high school I went to, the jocks never bullied anybody. And I'm not saying because I was a jock myself; I wasn't one. Unless you count a Cross Country runner as a "jock".

Your pictures are actually pretty amusing but factually false. Working out more doesn't inversely affect your brain.

You continue to talk about all these people who have fucked with your life. You fail to show, however, how sports are the CAUSE of this problem. Sure, these people may play sports. But that's only correlation. Correlation does not equate to causation. Show how sports has CAUSED people to mess with your life.

You call yourself intellectually superior to others here, but I fail to see you showing it. The things you've said are some of the most insanely idiotic things that I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling incoherent response were you even close to anything that can be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read your posts. I award you no respect, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Brigan

Post by Brigan »

Fit Man wrote:Your sample size is still minuscule, Fat Man. 4 schools out of how many in the United States? At the high school I went to, the jocks never bullied anybody. And I'm not saying because I was a jock myself; I wasn't one. Unless you count a Cross Country runner as a "jock".

Your pictures are actually pretty amusing but factually false. Working out more doesn't inversely affect your brain.

You continue to talk about all these people who have fucked with your life. You fail to show, however, how sports are the CAUSE of this problem. Sure, these people may play sports. But that's only correlation. Correlation does not equate to causation. Show how sports has CAUSED people to mess with your life.

You call yourself intellectually superior to others here, but I fail to see you showing it. The things you've said are some of the most insanely idiotic things that I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling incoherent response were you even close to anything that can be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read your posts. I award you no respect, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Be prepared for a repetition grid of his past (irrelevant to your post)
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Fit Man wrote:Your sample size is still minuscule, Fat Man. 4 schools out of how many in the United States? At the high school I went to, the jocks never bullied anybody. And I'm not saying because I was a jock myself; I wasn't one. Unless you count a Cross Country runner as a "jock".

Yeah, well here are some more facts.

In the USA, the quality of education has been in a steady decline for decades. The academic curriculum has been dumbed down to make it easier for moronic jocks to get passing grades so they can qualify to get on the school football team.

Here are some more facts.

This is how the quality of education in the USA compares to schools in other countries.

Here's another fact . . .

About 20% percent of Americans believe that the sun revolves around the earth!

I KID YOU NOT!

http://www.disinfo.com/2010/08/dumb-thi ... s-believe/
Dumb Things Americans Believe
Posted by JacobSloan on August 27, 2010

Many were surprised at a week-old poll showing that twenty percent of Americans believe that Barack Obama is a Muslim. But the stupidity of our populace extends to many areas of life. Thus, Newsweek took the opportunity to make a list of some of the dumbest things that Americans believe. For example, twenty-one percent of Americans believe in witches, and twenty percent are sure that the sun revolves around the earth.

Didnâ??t we clear this one up in the 16th century? Copernicus be damned, 20 percent of Americans were still sure in 1999 that the sun revolved around the Earth. Gallup, the pollster that conducted the study, gamely tried to dress it up by celebrating the fact that â??four out of five Americans know Earth revolves around the sun,â? but weâ??re not buying.
Now, is this is fucking pathetic, or what???

My mother taught me how to read before I even started school, and by the time I was only in the 3rd grade I was already reading at the high school and adult level, and of course, science was my favorite subject, especially Astronomy.

I had read about Copernicus and Galileo, then I read about the Inquisition, so during the summers months, when school let out, I went to the public library and checked out Astronomy books from the adult section. Yeah, I got to read a lot of gruesome things about the Inquisition.

So, it's not very encouraging to learn that 20% percent of Americans still believe that the sun revolves around the earth.

Yeah, they're probably sports fans, or jocks, or Republican Christard Funny-mentalists!

Here's some more! Read it and weep!

http://www.alternet.org/story/148826/16 ... hind_them/
AlterNet / By Sarah Seltzer

16 of the Dumbest Things Americans Believe -- And the
Right-Wing Lies Behind Them

Weâ??ve gone beyond Stephen Colbert's' truthiness' into a 'truth-be-damned' environment.
November 13, 2010

Americans are often misinformed, occasionally downright dumb, and easily misled by juicy-sounding rumors. But while the right wing is taking full advantage of this reality, the Left worries that calling out lies is "rude."

Remember when Congressman Joe Wilson stood up during Obamaâ??s State of the Union address and shouted â??You lieâ?? He was chastised soundly by the pundit class. But mostly he drew heat for being impolite, and was compared to Kanye West and other famous interrupters.

Revisiting Wilson's foolish tirade underscores the state of our upside-down political world. Wilson shouted â??you lieâ? in the face of truth, but President Obama is hesitant to speak up when heâ??s being slandered with bald, glaring untruths. The dark irony will continue as the Republicans take over the House this winter and the rumors and insinuations from extremist right-wing pundits keep circulating. It feels like no one with a loud enough megaphone has the courage to call a spade a spade, or more accurately a lie a lie.

Weâ??ve gone far beyond Stephen Colbertâ??s â??truthinessâ? into a more â??truth-be-damnedâ? environment; what Rick Perlstein described in the Daily Beast as a â??mendocracy. As in, rule by liars.â?

Here are some examples of recent ways we have made inroads in ignorance:

Polling data during and after last weekâ??s midterm elections suggested that many Americans genuinely believe President Obama has raised their taxes -- even though the reality is that our president actually lowered them for most of us. This means that people trust pundits like Rush Limbaugh, a major force behind spreading that lie, over the numbers on their own tax returns.

Another recent phenomenon? Half of new Congressmen donâ??t believe in the reality of global warming. Itâ??s not that they donâ??t just disagree on the source or the severity of the problem. They flat out donâ??t think the world is getting warmer--despite the evidence outside their windows.

The new Congress will probably try to restore millions of dollars of funding for scientifically inaccurate, largely disastrous abstinence-only curriculum in schools, many of which have been shown to spread lies like "condoms don't work" and "abortion causes cancer."

News outlets picked up a wildly inflated and completely outlandish claim from an Indian blog that Obamaâ??s trip abroad cost $200 million a day--and listeners have swallowed it. (In this case, the White House flat-out denied it.)

The scary thing is, these kinds of rumors have a way of taking root in the popular consciousness. Just as the election season began heating up earlier this year, Newsweek published a list of â??Dumb Things Americans Believe.â? While some of them are garden-variety lunacy, a surprising number are lies that were fed to Americans by our leaders on the far-Right. This demonstrates that media-fed lies can easily become ingrained in the collective memory if theyâ??re not countered quickly and surely. Newsweekâ??s list included the following 12 statistics taken from recent and semi-recent polls and surveys. The first half are directly related to right-wing rumormongering.

Nearly one-fifth of Americans think Obama is a Muslim. Thanks, Fox news, for acting like this was a matter of opinion, not fact.

25 percent of Americans donâ??t believe in Darwinâ??s theory of evolution while less than 40 percent do. Consider the fact that several of our newly elected officials, specifically newly elected Kansas Governor Sam Brownback, share that belief.

Earlier this year, nearly 40 percent of Americans still believed the Sarah Palin-supported lie about "death panels" being included in health care reform.

As of just a few years ago, about half of Americans still suspected a connection between Saddam Hussein and the attacks of September 11, a lie that was reinforced by none other than Dick Cheney.

While a hefty amount of this demonstrable cluelessness gets better as the respondents get younger, all is not well in the below-30 demographic. A majority of â??young Americansâ? cannot identify Iraq or Afghanistan--the places their peers are fighting and dying--on a map.

Two out of five Americans, despite the whole separation of church and state being a foundation of our democracy thing, think teachers should be able to lead prayer in classrooms. So it seems those right-wingers clamoring to tear down the wall between church and state arenâ??t the only ones who donâ??t know their constitutional principles.

Many Americans still believe in witchcraft, ESP and other supernatural phenomena. Does that explain why Christine Oâ??Donnell was so quick to deny her â??dabblingâ??

Speaking of antiquated religious beliefs, about a decade ago, 20 percent of Americans still believed that the sun revolves around the earth. That's just sad, considering that even the Vatican has let Galileo off the hook for being right.

Only about half of Americans realize that Judaism is the oldest of the three monotheistic religions. Other examples of wild misunderstanding about religion and the separation of church and state can be found in this fallâ??s Pew survey on Americansâ?? religious knowledge.

This one made a huge splash when it appeared. In 2006 more Americans were able to name two of the â??seven dwarvesâ? than two of the Supreme Court justices. And that was before Kagan and Sotomayor showed up. To be fair, Happy and Sleepy are easy to remember.

More Americans can identify the Three Stooges than the three branches of government--you know, the ones who are jockeying over our welfare.
Yeah, this is so fucking pathetic. Most high school student today can't even find the USA on a classroom globe.

When I was a kid, one of my hobbies was collecting maps, and I had a globe on my desk in my bedroom. I loved maps.

Also you said . . .
I never said that. I said there were far better ways to get exercise besides competitive sports. Football causes permanent injuries and even brain damage.

Exercise like riding a bicycle, or swimming, or hiking, or mountain climbing, and lifting weights, those are beneficial exercises.

But football where you butt heads together like billy goats, is not beneficial. The human body is actually not designed to play football.

And yes, the PE I took in school was about tearing down the mind and it actually did nothing to build up the body. Seriously, punching a kid in the stomach with a basketball and almost fracturing his ribs, is not the key to physical fitness. And suspending a student from school because he fails to climb a rope, I fail to see any benefit in that.

So, once again, I have exposed you for the moron your truly are.

Anymore questions?

I'll be glad to rip you another new one!

Now, go play out in the traffic little boy!

You bother me!
Brigan wrote:Be prepared for a repetition grid of his past (irrelevant to your post)
As usual, you may go fuck yourself!
Last edited by Fat Man on Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.