Article I wrote, for anyone who is interested

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
ChrisOH

Article I wrote, for anyone who is interested

Post by ChrisOH »

Recently, I wrote an article about my experiences in a fundamentalist Christian church in the early 1990's, and why I ultimately left. I haven't had the article published anywhere, as it's really a first draft to test out my abilities as a writer. It's about 12 pages long in MS Word. The working title is "Fundamentally Unsound." If anyone is interested in reading it, please PM or email me and I'll send you a copy via email. I'd appreciate any feedback or constructive criticism! :)
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: Article I wrote, for anyone who is interested

Post by Fat Man »

ChrisOH wrote:Recently, I wrote an article about my experiences in a fundamentalist Christian church in the early 1990's, and why I ultimately left. I haven't had the article published anywhere, as it's really a first draft to test out my abilities as a writer. It's about 12 pages long in MS Word. The working title is "Fundamentally Unsound." If anyone is interested in reading it, please PM or email me and I'll send you a copy via email. I'd appreciate any feedback or constructive criticism! :)
Good afternoon Chris!

I just sent you a PM with my E-mail address.

Yes, please do send me a copy of your essay!

I would love to read it.

I'm looking forward to getting it.

You just gave me something to live for!

I'm feeling really depressed right now, due to the recent attacks on me, not only by our newest member Fit Shit but also by two others who have sided with him against me.

To them, I'm just a worthless fat fuck, because I'm lousy at sports!

I was seriously considering taking my own life this evening.

But now, I'm not going out to the pharmacy for sleeping pills after all.

You gave me something to look forward to.

I love acquiring new knowledge, new information, which is always something to look forward to.

It's much better than getting nothing but the same tired old bullshit and standard old clichés from sports-tarded morons, like Fit Shit for example!

Thank you very much!

Now I have something to look forward to.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

ChrisOH

Post by ChrisOH »

Fat Man wrote: Good afternoon Chris!

I would love to read it.

Sent, and thanks for the compliment, Fat Man! :mrgreen:
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

ChrisOH wrote:
Fat Man wrote: Good afternoon Chris!

I would love to read it.

Sent, and thanks for the compliment, Fat Man! :mrgreen:
You're most entirely welcome!!! 8)
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

OK!!! :D

I GOT IT!!!

I just opened my IncrediMail and I have saved the attachment!

I'm going to start reading it right now!!!

Thank you very much!!!

You just made my day!!! 8)

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

I just finished reading your entire essay.

It was most excellent!

That was quite an adventure.

I'm very happy for you, that you broke away from an oppressive institution, and found reality and sanity, and freedom.

8) 8) 8)

Earl

Post by Earl »

Hi, ChrisOH! :) I'd also like a copy. Please send me one. I'd be interested in reading it.

Sorry I haven't called you lately. I'll try to give you a call later this week.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
ChrisOH

Post by ChrisOH »

Earl wrote:Hi, ChrisOH! :) I'd also like a copy. Please send me one. I'd be interested in reading it.

Sorry I haven't called you lately. I'll try to give you a call later this week.
Hello Earl! I just emailed you a copy...let me know what you think! :mrgreen:
ChrisOH

Post by ChrisOH »

Fat Man wrote:I just finished reading your entire essay.

It was most excellent!

That was quite an adventure.

I'm very happy for you, that you broke away from an oppressive institution, and found reality and sanity, and freedom.

8) 8) 8)
Thanks, Fat Man! 8)

Just as an addendum, Russell Johnson left the church in 2007, to return to Kentucky Christian College, the "Bible college" (where they train young men to be preachers and young women to be preachers' wives) owned and operated by the church, to work as a "fundraiser". He should be good at his job, seeing as how he loves to separate people from their money!

He had been under fire from even some other churches for his "Patriot Pastors" movement, a campaign to get Republicans elected to local and national offices, which was in violation of non-profit tax-exemption laws prohibiting churches from engaging in partisan political activity. (When I was still there almost 20 years ago, he bragged of how he had some meetings with Pat Robertson and was on some kind of advisory board for "The 700 Club" and CBN programming.) The church was also experiencing financial difficulties at the time, and Russell Johnson and his wife were required by the IRS to pay almost $30,000 in back taxes. Guess all the while he was using guilt and fearmongering to get everyone to give HIM and his church money, he forgot to pay his own taxes!