No study for you!

Ice skates, maple syrup, and a dozen or so toothless morons.
Canadian_Hockey_Hater

No study for you!

Post by Canadian_Hockey_Hater »

Well I'm home alone and it is the hockey championship, or whatever they call it where they beat each other and think they are the best at the 'sport'... hmm was it playoffs? I'm not sure, I can't keep up with all the stupidity. So I was hoping to work on some homework tonight, as I was busy working for the last few days. As I am trying to work I hear the horrible screams and thumping of my neighbors. Judging from the tone and volume, I say 'their' team scored... This will continue on for who knows how long and this will happen whenever 'their' team plays this season. It is horrible. I felt if anyone could understand this problem, it would be the good people here :D They dont score often so its not much of a problem, rather just an annoyance :lol:
Sports contribute nothing to society. They are a waste of time, money, effort and TV channels! It's just a bunch of buffed up, fat headed, idiotic jocks chasing a ball around.

If cheerleading were any easier... It would be called football!
abitagirl

Re: No study for you!

Post by abitagirl »

Whenever I hear someone talk about "their" team, I always want to say something like, "Oh, I didn't know you owned the team." I may have actually said it once...can't remember.

Yeah, it gets annoying around here, mainly during football season. Every once in a while it's "WOO-HOO!" "GO GO GO!" "CLAP CLAP CLAP!" After a while I wish I could plug my ears with something.
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

Lol! Yeah I love it when they say "that's my team!" It's pathetic especially because most of they will never meet ANY of the players face to face and the actual players could give a ratass about who they are. And for that studying problem is there like a quiet place like a park or library you could go to?
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

Hmmm... Reminds of this one time in my study hall class, we had a working TV hooked to basic cable. I was one of the closest people to the TV, so when the teacher switched the channel to a hockey game, I suffered the punishment of having the announcer's annoying yells being blasted in my face. I asked the teacher politely to change it to something different [just anything!] but she said I was being rude and sent me out of the room. She also told me to leave my stuff on the table, so I wasn't able to finish my assignments. Good thing that class is being held in the Auditorium this year, where's there's no power outlets for TVs and such...
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

A TV in study hall? And tuned to a blaring hockey game by the teacher, no less? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of study hall?

Just how much did things change since I was in high school?
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

Let's see...
The teachers seem to NEVER break up fights even though they are watching the fight happen right in front of their face, they allow kids to get Fs without doing a lot about it, they say somewhat sexist remarks like "No, Katie [just a name to fit the example!], you can't lift up this box! Let Alex do it instead because he's a boy." The teachers and other faculty members openly swear, too! They even let the kids swear in their faces without even handing them a detention slip! Quite atrocious.. (I'm in 8th grade, but my 6th grade classes were more mature and strict than my current ones!)
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

Post by Detroitsportsfan08 »

you guys need to lighten up, studying is fine and good, but there are times to have fun
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:you guys need to lighten up, studying is fine and good, but there are times to have fun

Ummm...this is STUDY HALL. Yes, there are times to have fun, but I don't think study hall is it. It's not like she went to a sports arena and complained that they were playing hockey there.
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

Indeed, Study Hall isn't the time to be watching some stupid hockey game when the true workers are trying to finish up their work. Also, not the best time to take naps or talk. IT'S CALLED "STUDY HALL" FOR A REASON!!!!!
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

abitagirl wrote:
Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:you guys need to lighten up, studying is fine and good, but there are times to have fun

Ummm...this is STUDY HALL. Yes, there are times to have fun, but I don't think study hall is it. It's not like she went to a sports arena and complained that they were playing hockey there.
like i said, lighten up
Fitz301

Post by Fitz301 »

Yeah and that time and place is NOT study hall.
You might be a sports fan/jerk if...
You've ever started a sentence with "Buddy of mine..." or "I got a buddy..."
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

agreed to a certain extent

however, please go respond to the other thread where i made you look dumb in.
Fitz301

Post by Fitz301 »

Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:agreed to a certain extent

Whatever jackass.
You might be a sports fan/jerk if...
You've ever started a sentence with "Buddy of mine..." or "I got a buddy..."
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

you're so mature compared to sports fans, yet you the non sports fan has called me, the sports fan, a name twice now.
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:agreed to a certain extent

Hmmm....someone seems alittle arrogant? Let me speak on behalf of the other members: You come here for a fight we'll give you one. Oh and you can stop with the charade, your act of the peaceful and sensible sports-fan isn't fooling anyone.
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D