Am I Selfish?

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
recovering_fan

Re: Am I Selfish?

Post by recovering_fan »

I decided to delete my last post, so that I'd be able to dissect this tripe point by by point.
Fit Man wrote:Shit Fat Man, you're still showing your butthurt and inability to form a rationale though. I will address one thing you have said, though:

Yes, I went to public schools. However, I was an INVESTMENT. You see, I'm eventually going to pay more tax dollars that I was cost. Therefore, in the long run, putting me through the school system will be beneficial to the economy. On the other hand, giving you money just so you can set on your ass is a horrible use of money. You're not doing anything to bring money or productivity back into society. So, you keep on taking and taking my hard earned money, and that's it. You just sit on your ass all day and complain on the internet. THAT'S our difference: paying for me to go to public school is beneficial to society. Giving you money to sit on your ass all day is simply a waste of my hard-earned money.
Paying for Fat Man to have a liveable existence is an investment. Taking care of those less fortunate is an investment in the mental and spiritual health of society as a whole. So you're wrong; he IS an investment.

I'm not convinced you're going to contribute anything to the economy. You're certainly creating a strain on the mental well-being of the human race, though, through your activity on the Internet.
You also say "Pay "me" back motherfuckers." Have you ever even had a real job? Something tells me you've done nothing but collect disability. If anything, I should pay your PARENTS back, but not your lazy fat ass.
He wasn't literally talking about money. He was talking about being owed restitution for the wrongs done to him.
Another thing you say that absolutely makes no sense: Because you're a sports fan, that makes you guilty of TAX FRAUD and you're just as guilty of stealing from my parents.

So, if somebody WASN'T a sports fan, then they wouldn't be guilty of tax fraud in the same situation?
No, he's not saying that someone who isn't a sports fan isn't guilty of tax fraud. He's saying that someone who IS a sports fan IS guilty of of tax fraud. I don't agree with his statement, but at least, unlike you, I don't confuse a statement with its inverse on a regular basis. Obviously you never studied logic, contrary to your earlier claims.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Good evening Recovering fan:

OK, I'm going to make my comments in response using heavy dark blue text.
recovering_fan wrote:I decided to delete my last post, so that I'd be able to dissect this tripe point by by point.

Oh damn! Sorry I missed what you said! Oh well.
[b][color=#FF00FF]Fit Shit[/color][/b] wrote:Shit Fat Man, you're still showing your butthurt and inability to form a rationale though. I will address one thing you have said, though:

Yes, I went to public schools. However, I was an INVESTMENT. You see, I'm eventually going to pay more tax dollars that I was cost. Therefore, in the long run, putting me through the school system will be beneficial to the economy.

Yeah! I see! If you become a professional football player making 5 million dollars per year, you'll naturally pay higher taxes than, say, an astronomy professor teaching in a university, getting paid only $80,000 to $100,000 dollars per year! Uh huh! So, focusing on sports rather than teaching science in our schools is a bigger investment. OK! I get it now! We need football players more than science professors!

Yeah! Uh huh! Even though I was already reading at the adult level while I was only in grade school, and passing my academic subjects, such as science and math, I was a poor investment because I was not good at sports. OK! I get it now!

So, I got beaten, got my head bashed against a concrete block wall, and thrown out of school. I got thrown away, because I was a poor investment, since I was not good at sports, and so, I guess it was the human trash heap for me. Now I understand!

Oh gee! Couldn't they just tell me to leave school without the beatings?

Nah! It's more fun to torture people before throwing them away! That's in keeping with Christian principles, you know, sort of like a modern latter day Inquisition of sorts.

Uh huh! That should put us in our place, and teach us upstarts that sports is worth more than my getting an education, and even more important than my life!

Yeah! I get it! It's more fun for the sports fans that way!

Oh gee wiz! Am I being too cynical now?

[b][color=#FF00FF]Fit Shit[/color][/b] wrote:On the other hand, giving you money just so you can set on your ass is a horrible use of money. You're not doing anything to bring money or productivity back into society. So, you keep on taking and taking my hard earned money, and that's it. You just sit on your ass all day and complain on the internet. THAT'S our difference: paying for me to go to public school is beneficial to society. Giving you money to sit on your ass all day is simply a waste of my hard-earned money.
Well, I'm only getting lousy little $650 dollars per month in chump change.

But, like, hey! Isn't that much better than having to pay me $80,000 to $100,000 dollars per month for teaching science in college, after having been allowed to get a decent education?

So, don't you see? By denying me a decent education, society saved a lot of money that way, plus, the money I would have otherwise been making, well, that can go to buy a brand new Hummer to be given way free to some football player after he's raped someone!

And you get to take pleasure in knowing that I was beaten down and broken emotionally, mentally, and spiritually in the process. So, you all had some fun, using me as a human punching bag!

Now! Isn't that nice!?!

Hope I'm not being too cynical again!

recovering_fan wrote:Paying for Fat Man to have a liveable existence is an investment. Taking care of those less fortunate is an investment in the mental and spiritual health of society as a whole. So you're wrong; he IS an investment.

I'm not convinced you're going to contribute anything to the economy. You're certainly creating a strain on the mental well-being of the human race, though, through your activity on the Internet.
Thank you recovering_fan.

Actually, I would have much preferred to have been allowed to complete my education, and had a decent job teaching science in a university, even if it meant not getting paid as much as a professional football player, it would still be a Hell of a lot more than what I'm getting now.

Also . . . . .

I seriously doubt that
Fit Shit is going to contribute very much to society either. Sure! If he becomes a professional football player making millions, he'll pay higher taxes, but that will just go to building more sports arenas and to Hell with schools and libraries. Sports only benefits sports, and the rest of us still has to pay through the nose to give these professional rapists their free Hummers and what not.
[b][color=#FF00FF]Fit Shit[/color][/b] wrote:You also say "Pay "me" back motherfuckers." Have you ever even had a real job? Something tells me you've done nothing but collect disability. If anything, I should pay your PARENTS back, but not your lazy fat ass.
You think that I want to bag groceries or scrub toilets at minimum wage for ingrates like you for the rest of my life? FUCK YOU! GO TO HELL!
recovering_fan wrote:He wasn't literally talking about money. He was talking about being owed restitution for the wrongs done to him.
Yeah! I'll settle for restitution! I'll settle for having all these professional jocks and all these sports fans locked up in a federal penitentiary for TAX FRAUD for the rest of their lives, and, as I had said earlier, I hope that Fit Shit gets a great big redneck cell mate named Bubbah who keeps a large can of Crisco in his cell, and he makes Fit Shit bend over and spread 'em!
[b][color=#FF00FF]Fit Shit[/color][/b] wrote:Another thing you say that absolutely makes no sense: Because you're a sports fan, that makes you guilty of TAX FRAUD and you're just as guilty of stealing from my parents.

So, if somebody WASN'T a sports fan, then they wouldn't be guilty of tax fraud in the same situation?
People who weren't sports fans, they were not the ones who ganged up on me, and beat me and denied me form getting an education. So, they were not involved in the same situation.

Now, some people have committed fax fraud in other ways, not related to sports, fraud against people in other situations.

But it was sports fans, jocks, and PE coaches who committed tax fraud against my parents when they had denied me an education and suspended me from school for not being good at sports.

Get it???

recovering_fan wrote:No, he's not saying that someone who isn't a sports fan isn't guilty of tax fraud. He's saying that someone who IS a sports fan IS guilty of of tax fraud. I don't agree with his statement, but at least, unlike you, I don't confuse a statement with its inverse on a regular basis. Obviously you never studied logic, contrary to your earlier claims.
Well, agree or not, sports is definitely the cause of the declining quality of education in our schools so, some kind of fraud is certainly being perpetrated.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Fit Man
Sports Bore

Post by Fit Man »

Fat Man, there's no point in even trying to rationalize with you. You're too full of shit, and too much of a dumbass. Besides, didn't you add me as a foe? Why are you still quoting me?

Recovering Fan: I'm not telling you where I go to college, sorry. I will say that it's in the Western half of the United States, and I work at a movie theater. Sure, its not manual labor like construction or anything, but I'm on my feet all day and am always busy helping customers. Even if a customer is an asshole like Fat Man, I'd just have to sit there and be polite and professional.

And paying for Fat Man has clearly been shown to be not worth the investment. He's a bitter old man who only bitches about his past. He has not done anything worth while and hasn't made any good use of his money. Sure, some people that collect disability ARE worth the investment, as they can still be either productive, inspirational, or any combination of the two. But Fat Shit is neither.

And trust me, I WILL contribute to the economy, and I already AM. When I get out of college and earn even more money, I will be contributing even more than I am now. So that means I will pay a higher percentage of Fat Man's disability that he gets to collect by sitting on his ass.

No, He was talking about money. Look at exactly what he said before that statement. It's obvious he was talking about money, yet he made absolutely no sense.

Fair enough with that statement. Still, it's absurd to think that all sports fans are guilty of tax fraud. Even you, a Fat Shit supporter, can see that he is indeed, Fat and full of Shit.
Fit Man
Sports Bore

Post by Fit Man »

You know what, I WILL respond to you Fat Man. You're just too much fun to resist!

I've already heard your story that you coulda woulda shoulda be earning 100K at the University. But you know what? You're not. And that's all upon you. YOU are the reason why you aren't successful in life. Nobody else is to blame but you. ENOUGH ABOUT YOUR EXCUSES! I've probably heard that story a total of 50 times. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. I don't think your story is a good enough excuse for why you're a lazy piece of shit. Got it? No matter how many times you repeat it, it's obvious to me that you're just a lazy piece of shit and you use any excuse you can for why you haven't gotten anywhere in life.

650 a month? Well that's sure a lot of money for literally doing NOTHING! I make about 9 dollars an hour, so that' 72 hours I have to work to get 650, the 650 you get for doing NOTHING AT ALL. And this is BEFORE taxes, so I probably have to work closer to 85 or 90 hours to net 650. Yup, my fucking taxes are taken out of my paycheck to go to assholes like you. I still haven't received a thanks from you. Can I please hear it?

Like I've said before, I WILL be a contribution to society, and I already am. Even if I end up at my dead-end movie theater job for the rest of my life, I'll still be more of a contribution than you ever were.

So, you admit you've never had any type of job at all? Point proven.

You still haven't explained how all athletes and sports fans are guilty of tax fraud. You also hope I get anally raped? lmao man, that's very mature for somebody who claims to have experienced such a thing them self.

So, in this paragraph you somewhat came with something close to an idea of how athletes are guilty of tax fraud. Anybody with half a brain will realize that your reasoning is full of shit. There are many examples I can think of that show you're full of shit, but the clearest-cut one is that unless you can prove that those people didn't pay taxes, they aren't guilty of tax fraud.

Nope. sports are not the cause of declining education. It's a combination of poor parenting that leads to laziness and lack of motivation in children, and poor teachers. Keep telling yourself whatever you want to make yourself feel better though, Fat Boy.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

[b][color=#FF00FF]Fit Shit[/color][/b] wrote:BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT AND MORE BULLSHIT!!!
[b][color=#FF00FF]Fit Shit[/color][/b] wrote:BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT AND MORE BULLSHIT!!!
I'm still ignoring what you have been posting.

And in case you're wondering why I have responded to your comments if I haven't been reading them, it's because, when other members quote your comments, I can see what is in the quotes. So, the ignore feature closes off your comments so I can't see them, but it does not keep me from seeing your comments if somebody else quotes them.

Or are you too fucking retarded to figure that out?

I'm only going to say this.

I PAID FOR YOUR FUCKING SPORTS! I PAID A VERY HEAVY PRICE SO THAT DROOLING MORONS LIKE YOU CAN SIT AROUND IN FRONT OF YOUR TVs ON SUNDAY AFTERNOONS TO WATCH YOUR FOOTBALL.

I PAID BY BEING DENIED A DECENT EDUCATION! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM ME? DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR YOUR SPORTS WITH MY LIFE??? IS THAT IT? THAT I MUST DIE FOR YOUR FUCKING SPORTS!!!

You have called me an angry old man who has nothing but hate.

Well, EXCUUUUUUUUUSE MMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

But, what is there to love?

All that I have loved was taken away from me and destroyed!

Now, all that is left is sports, like, football, which is ugly and smells bad.

So, I'm suppose to get over my anger, stop being bitter, and stop hating?

What? I'm suppose to love rapists? I'm suppose to love bullies? I'm suppose to love sports?

Yeah, I'm suppose to forgive.

DO I LOOK LIKE JESUS FUCKING CHRIST???

I DON'T FORGIVE!

Oh wait! Yeah! That's right! I was a human sacrifice on the alter of sports! So, I must be your sports messiah! I'm suppose to give my life for all you sports fans!

Well, since I'm suppose to stop being so angry and forgive, then I must be your Sports Christ.

THEN BOW DOWN AND WORSHIP ME AND KISS MY FEET, PREFERABLY MY ASS!

No, fuck that!

If it's absolution you sports fans seek, then go talk to your butt-banging bishops and pedophile priests!

And suck their cocks while your at it!

Hey! Why not?

When you were in high school, you probably sucked your PE coach's cock to get extra privileges!

So, you can kiss my ass!

OK?
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Earl

Post by Earl »

At this point I don't know what else I can say to be helpful, except this: In these hateful online exchanges, both of you guys have followed the "tit for tat" philosophy of returning evil for evil; but no one's mind has been changed, not on the part of either of you or anyone else. The result is neither practical nor constructive, but is only destructive. It all makes me sad; but like I just said, what else can I say? :(
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fit Man
Sports Bore

Post by Fit Man »

Fat Man: It's obvious to me that you're still reading my posts. I know you are. So don't lie.

Earl: Yeah, I see where you're coming from. It's just hard to ignore Fan Man's antics.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:At this point I don't know what else I can say to be helpful, except this: In these hateful online exchanges, both of you guys have followed the "tit for tat" philosophy of returning evil for evil; but no one's mind has been changed, not on the part of either of you or anyone else. The result is neither practical nor constructive, but is only destructive. It all makes me sad; but like I just said, what else can I say? :(
Fit Shit has his mind made up that I'm a disgrace to humanity.

Nothing you or I can say will ever changes his mind.

He says he's against bullying, but he has made an exception in my case.

He has made me his white nigger!

I have never committed any crimes (except not being good at sports which is considered a crime by low-life scums like him) yet I'm a disgrace to humanity, while he puts professional rapists up on a pedestal to worship and to suck their cocks. He worships criminals! And he gives them blow-jobs!

I seriously doubt that he's ever going to pursue a legitimate career. He will join up with organized crime instead, because he will come to believe that it's more profitable for him to deal drugs, even to children, and sell children as sex slaves, and if he becomes a professional football player, then he will be able to get away with it!

He probably steals from his parents, and his grandparents, and when he was in school, he went around beating up the other kids and taking their lunch money away from them.

And in the locker rooms he probably sodomized the nonathletic students with broomsticks!

He also went around stealing notebooks from the other students, and ripping the pages out of them, and destroying their science and art projects. He probably enjoyed smearing brown paint all over their oil paintings and breaking their paint brushes.

I'm sure he sold drugs when he was in high school.

And he could get away with it because he was a typical jock!

For all I know, he has probably fucked every 2 year old baby in his neighborhood!

He is just a punk! I know his kind all too well!

You know, in my home town, up in northern Minnesota, an arsonist was able to get a job as a school teacher (my 5th grade teacher) and a child molester who had once beaten and raped a 12 year old girl was able to get a job as a cop!

But I was treated like shit, just because I was no good at sports.

And I get called a disgrace to humanity???

That's much than worse being called a "fag" for not liking or being good at sports.

If I was just called a "fag" I could laugh that off!

Maybe I need to be a criminal before I can get a decent education and get a decent job! Eh?

I guess being physically handicapped and not being good at sports is a worse crime than arson and rape!
FUCK YOU Fit Shit and GO TO HELL!!!

CRIMES WERE COMMITTED AGAINST ME THAT WERE NEVER PROSECUTED!!!

GO CRAWL INTO A SEWER, EAT SHIT, AND DIE!!!
Last edited by Fat Man on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Earl

Post by Earl »

Fit Man wrote:Earl: Yeah, I see where you're coming from. It's just hard to ignore Fan Man's antics.
And it's hard for Fat Man to ignore you.  Perhaps he's been able to resist overriding the "Ignore" function, but can still tell what you're saying by the responses of other members who quote at least some of your comments.  I've been in the same situation (at another website) of using the "Ignore" function against another member, only to override the function repeatedly.  It's called human nature.  :wink: When you call Fat Man insulting names, he won't listen to you, but will only regard you as an enemy, not as someone who wants to help. That's also human nature.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fat Man wrote:He says he's against bullying, but he has made an exception in my case.
That seems to be true, but there may be other dynamics involved of which I'm not aware.
Fat Man wrote:I have never committed any crimes ...
That is true.
Fat Man wrote:... (except not being good at sports which is considered a crime by low-life scums like him) ...
That is not true.  He does not look down on guys simply because they're not good at sports.  If that were true, he'd be attacking me personally (even though I work out at a health club).
Fat Man wrote:I seriously doubt that he's ever going to pursue a legitimate career. He will join up with organized crime instead, because he will come to believe that it's more profitable for him to deal drugs, even to children, and sell children as sex slaves, and if he becomes a professional football player, then he will be able to get away with it!
Sounds like he will pursue a legitimate career.  (Yes, I know some people deceive others online; but I have no reason to suspect that he's lied about himself.)  None of us must take comfort in illusions.  An illusion may make one feel good, just as cocaine does; but the fact remains that an illusion is only an illusion, such as the alcoholic's belief that just one more drink won't hurt.  The following comment I'm about to make is not directed only to you, Fat Man, but is directed to everyone:  Sometimes the truth hurts.  The issue is besides the point.  The wisest course (the only course, as I see it) is to accept the hurt, deal with it, and go on from there.  Incidentally, football is not Fit Man's sport.
Fat Man wrote:He probably steals from his parents, and his grandparents, and when he was in school, he went around beating up the other kids and taking their lunch money away from them.And in the locker rooms he probably sodomized the nonathletic students with broomsticks!
He also went around stealing notebooks from the other students, and ripping the pages out of them, and destroying their science and art projects. He probably enjoyed smearing brown paint all over their oil paintings and breaking their paint brushes.

I'm sure he sold drugs when he was in high school.

And he could get away with it because he was a typical jock!
You're identifying Fit Man with your childhood oppressors.  This is understandable, but not constructive.
Fat Man wrote:CRIMES WERE COMMITTED AGAINST ME THAT WERE NEVER PROSECUTED!!!
Yes, I agree, my friend. We live in a world of injustice, some of it almost impossible to comprehend. Just to give an example, how about what happened to Wallenberg? This man of uncommon bravery had saved the lives of over 10,000 people who had been targeted for death by a murderous totalitarian regime that threatened the western world, only to fall victim himself to another murderous totalitarian regime that threatened the western world. He never got to see his mother and stepfather again; and they both eventually committed suicide out of their grief over their son, whom they knew had languished in the Soviet gulag suffering who knows what kind of mistreatment. Perhaps there is available literature featuring testimony from victims of oppression of one kind or another that would give helpful advice on how to deal with injustice that one has experienced in his life. You have to do something. Right now all you're doing is dwelling on your hurt. All that is going to do is drag you down.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fit Man and Fat Man, I see no end to your conflict. As long as the two of you continue to interact, it will go on and on. The only solution I see is for both of you to ignore the other. Yes, I know that won't be easy.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Good evening Earl:

Well, I have had it with Fit Shit!

I'm taking off the kid gloves, and every time he comes in here, I'm going to let him have it with both barrels!!!

BANG!!! BANG!!!

I don't give a flying fucking Hootenanny in Hell, if what I will be accusing him of, is true or not!

I'm just going to let loose on him with everything I got!

So, stand back everybody, and watch the fur fly!!!

HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

Fat Man, I don't think I'm going to like what will happen next in this thread based on your last post. Proceeding that way won't do anyone any good, including yourself. Read over what Earl just said again, and take his advice, what he says is true. The same applies to everyone involved in the arguing. All that is happening is a bunch of personal arguments, and they aren't going nowhere. No one is going to change their mind, there is nothing worthy of debate that remains, it is just two sides frustrated with each other, and neither side wants to give up. But while you may think giving up the argument means you have lost the argument, the way I see it, that would be the more honourable thing to do. Feel free to debate while remaining civil and leaving out personal attacks, as that would contribute to this forum (this forum had very little activity before this debate, so there's no problem with discussing a topic to maintain forum activity), but unfortunately I can't see that happening based on how the argument has already proceeded.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:Fat Man, I don't think I'm going to like what will happen next in this thread based on your last post. Proceeding that way won't do anyone any good, including yourself. Read over what Earl just said again, and take his advice, what he says is true. The same applies to everyone involved in the arguing. All that is happening is a bunch of personal arguments, and they aren't going nowhere. No one is going to change their mind, there is nothing worthy of debate that remains, it is just two sides frustrated with each other, and neither side wants to give up. But while you may think giving up the argument means you have lost the argument, the way I see it, that would be the more honourable thing to do. Feel free to debate while remaining civil and leaving out personal attacks, as that would contribute to this forum (this forum had very little activity before this debate, so there's no problem with discussing a topic to maintain forum activity), but unfortunately I can't see that happening based on how the argument has already proceeded.
Fit Shit is like a 16th century inquisitor who believes the earth is flat and will burn anybody who says otherwise.

He is convinced that I'm worthless, even though I have committed no crimes, while he puts criminals up on a pedestal and gives them blow jobs because they're good at sports.

recovering_fan

Post by recovering_fan »

Still, HugeFan, I can see where Fat Man's coming from.

I mean, basically the topic of discussion at the moment is whether Fat Man is a lazy, worthless bum or not.

I can understand how Fat Man doesn't feel it's fair to "agree to disagree" on that !

I mean, Fit Man's whole presence here was meant as a personal insult to Fat Man when you think about it.

FWIW, I think Fat Man is trying his best to contribute to society through YouTube debates and the like. I don't think that it really makes any difference whether or not he also works at a convenience store for $7/hr. I also respect the word of our government when it acknowledges that Fat Man indeed has a disabling condition and for that reason cannot go to work. I have little patience for people who round up disabled people and try to make them feel more like shit than they already feel. Those people are bullies; there's no more appropriate word for it.

And yes, there are times when he feels the need to scream about how awful his life has been. There are times when he feels rage and has nowhere to vent. I understand that, and I don't think that takes away from his many positive qualities.

===

PS -- Sorry, Earl, I know I said I was done arguing, but I can't stand to see Fat Man abused like this. Mostly this has been a post to defend Fat Man, not a post to attack anyone. Earlier this year (as opposed to last December), when I criticised him, it was because I worried about what consequences his rage would have for this site, not because I thought he was a lazy bum or anything.
recovering_fan

Post by recovering_fan »

Fat Man wrote:Fit Shit is like a 16th century inquisitor who believes the earth is flat and will burn anybody who says otherwise.
Fit Man does kind of need to work on his listening skills, eh? :lol:
HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

recovering_fan wrote:Still, HugeFan, I can see where Fat Man's coming from.
Of course, I can also see where he's coming from. He was insulted, and as Earl said, it's only natural that he would argue back. However, there's no substance remaining in this argument, in fact, there hardly ever was. It could potentially be a civil debate if everyone acted civilly, and I feel there is a few points that could be addressed in this discussion without personal insults (however, I won't say what they are, as I have no place in this argument any more). But the flaming isn't going to get us anywhere.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama