Biopolar Boss

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Indurrago

Biopolar Boss

Post by Indurrago »

I been working at my job for a month at a small company and one think I dread every morning before coming to work is dealing with is my bipolar boss. The "good" days are when he does NOT show up at all. I'll tell you why. He changes mood on the dime, he can be cheerful and optimistic to becoming a raving verbal sadist and fire you without notification. It only takes alittle spark to set him on a rampage. He even "burns" the closest people around him including his family and his best friend. Today was particularly bad, it seems EVERYONE(except for him obviously) in the company is in danger of being fired and everyone is pretty much temporarily suspended til notified. I learned to respect my coworkers just for putting up with his "mood swings," but frankly the future with this job is bleak. But by all mines, he's a pretty decent person(abit of a workacholic) when he's not yelling but he seriously needs some help. But there is some good news, I don't need the job to become professional. One last note, I can imagine one day my boss will tick off the wrong person and things will get nasty for him. Peace out all.
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
Indurrago

Re: Bipolar Boss

Post by Indurrago »

Lol damn, misspelled bipolar on the topic title.
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
blackdog4444

Re: Biopolar Boss

Post by blackdog4444 »

First off, I thought girls were only supposed to do that! Secondly, has he ever heard of a little supplement called St. John's wort?
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

Guess where I'm at? Back at work. I was hoping to have a week off but that isn't the case. I'm thinking he changed his mind some time last night or this morning. Seriously I think the asshole should give everyone a damn apology. And you're comment about only women I think that's false but I'm assuming if you're talking about women bosses who INTENTIONALLY switch moods if that's the case that they're not bipolar. Well, peace out for now.
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

Well, hopefully you survive the days at work!
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

Thanks for the support. One of my managers informed me about what happened. Frankly the Boss pretty much fired about a third of our division which has about 8 people. He feels were wasting his time, and won't pay us until we go professional(get our license) cuz technically we're all still trainees. Funny, thing is the guy isn't professional in our field either he just believes he is. He seems bent on shutting our division too by trying to make his own team(he doesn't involve himself with our division unless he has to yell at someone). So to kick start our path to getting our license we pretty have take turns teaching a chapter in our manual to each other. Honestly, I rather sweat my ass off in my Kung-fu classes but it'll be worth it. I hate giving speeches, I'm not a very loud person but I took a public speaking class which helped alittle. The 2nd worse thing besides firing me that the big boss can do is firing our manager(which seems very likely) cuz none of us have the experience. I feel sad for one guy in our group like a previous coworker(I think he got fired) said "he was nothing to fall back on." This guy has 2 kids, a wife, large debt, and no second job and isn't going to school. Everyone(including those who got fired) were either going to school or had a 2nd job. If there's anyone who's gonna feel the heat it's him, but the good thing is he seems to be the most dedicated despite being the new guy. Today was a good day though, didn't see the boss at all. The Boss weeded out the weak links but we're sticking around to take the storm! :D Feels good letting that all out.
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

And I thought I was the only one that knew bosses that were total asses! My mom's fiancee had worked for a guy in the automotive industry and he made everyone do ALL the work for him! So, I personally know your case, just at a grander scale. :)

Oh, and I could never give good speeches either. I either got extreme stage fright or I didn't speak loud enough.... or both...

And I sincerely hope the guy with no second job can find a better job so he can pay off his debt. I've been in a situation similar to his, so I can get a good idea on how horrid it must seem.

Well, I hope things get better for you guys in the long run! :D It'd be a shame for you to lose a job because of the bosses mere stupidity to keep emotions to his self!
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

I got news from the other heads of the company that their keeping the boss out of the company for awhile just so he can chill for awhile. I literally heard it from them so no gossiping just the clear cut truth. I might sound like a contradicting myself but he's not a bad guy but only when he's not blowing up like a volcano. He helps alot of us(the employees) letting ppl stay at his condos. But the one thing I irks me the most is pretty much everyone tells you the same thing, you should put up with his "Hulk mode" rants cuz that's the way he is. One of the heads told us should we grateful(not that I'm not) for the job and asked where we go if we weren't here? I answered silently in my head.....back to college. :)
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

lol Yea going back to college would be a good idea though... you'd get more money at jobs. Which means you could get many more things! Though having a job at all is very good! Certainly better to put up with your boss than live in a cold, cardboard box, yes?!
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

Haven't seen the big boss in awhile so I'm thinking of just making a new thread just to talk about work in general. Mornings are always slow but I work with some cool people so it ain't too bad. :D
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

In my school, I work with retarded nymphs. :( All they do is TALK, TALK, and TALK some more. They never listen to what my teachers say [especially the math teacher].
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

Wait...I thought you were in college. XD In college they don't really give a !@#$ because in the end they're still getting paid and you're wasting money. In highschool I was bulled by all the star football player/wrestling champion for a long time but one day I got pissed off and nearly choked him with one hand lol. He still picked on me but not as bad cuz he knew better. Anyway, Big boss came back and pretty much gave us of his "nice" lectures(strangely calm). But what struck me today was when our division leader(in name only) started blasting off at people. It was startling cuz I was reading a book and this came out of nowhere. He's the nicest guy there and a fairly quiet person. He's the guy who "rehires" ppl after the boss goes on a rampage. The Boss respect him as a elder and longtime friend so he lets him do it. But he could give the boss a run for his money on this ocassion.
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

No one messes with me because I'm bigger than most of them. The boys especially fear me since they're around 4 ft 9 in. tall [on average]. I'm 5 ft 8in. tall, so I'm a little more intimidating in size. Everyone also knows how cold and harsh my temper is, so they stay away from that, too. :twisted:
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

Now I'm really confused...are you in highschool or middle school(junior high). Or maybe the guys in you're grade are just really short for some reason.
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

I'm in 8th grade [middle school]. The majority of the guys are either mexican or just short.