Roll Tide and War Eagle!

This forum is dedicated to expressing how much football and soccer suck!
johnjohn

Roll Tide and War Eagle!

Post by johnjohn »

Anyone know about this crap? What a bunch of stupid morons. I work at a place that insists on blasting the radio and a TV both at the same time as loud as it will go during the whole football season. I swear to God it is psychological torture. Bring the captured terrorists to where I work and subject them to this and they will tell everything they know in about five minutes. Forget waterboarding. Alabama football. That's torture. And if I tell people when they ask that I can't stand football then it's the same response. "Where were you born?" I say here and they say "I can't believe you were born in Alabama and you don't like football!" How can so many people be exactly the same in their stupidity? Too many people assume that because they like sports then everyone does. Or should. But if I try to tune the radio to a peaceful neutral music station or something funny or nice like a radio talk show then it lasts about two seconds and then it's back on the sports crap. I understand liking to watch a game but don't shove it down my throat. This is to any radical sports fan, especially you Alabama fans that have the A plastered all over your vehicle and your clothing and of course ball cap that you saw the coach wear and even more so to the morons that have a room in their house dedicated to their favorite sports team - SCREW YOU AND GET A LIFE YOU IDIOT AND LEAVE ME ALONE. And because of you we have to not be able to listen to the radio because they are so many of you stupid asses that they dump other programming because of ratings. Bunch of MORONS. Did I leave anything out? I'm sure I'll think of something else.
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

Re: Roll Tide and War Eagle!

Post by Detroitsportsfan08 »

Well if the majority of people want sports, than it's only fair that that's what goes on
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

It's a pain, isn't it? The same pretty much could be said about me. I grew up in New Orleans (I live north of there now), and it seems like EVERYBODY there is a Saints fan. Everybody but me. Somehow all the fanaticism and obsession never rubbed off on me. I don't know if it's just because I never had an interest in sports in general, or something larger than that. It's not just the Saints either. It's also Hornets basketball, plus a bunch of college teams. Bluntly put, this state is pretty much obsessed with sports, or at least my part of the state. Apparently it's not the only state like that.

As for you, I wonder if earplugs would work.
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
johnjohn

Post by johnjohn »

Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:Well if the majority of people want sports, than it's only fair that that's what goes on
That may be the case but that's not my point. My point has a lot to do with what's wrong with this society and it may be narcissism. Pride and the interest in self. Winning is the only thing worth anything to most and it's disgusting. And if your team loses then of course the first thing to do is pick apart why and usually place blame elsewhere. And it's always play by play and if he'd a done this or he hadn't a done that and then it's the coaches fault so he's shuffled out with a 5 million severance pay like Tuberville at Auburn. It's just not any fun to me. Too damn serious. Can't just be one team scores more points than the other and everyone goes home a winner. Too much betting on the teams and most of the people that get so fired up to the point of a fist fight over college football have never even set foot on the campus.
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

Post by Detroitsportsfan08 »

Competitiveness and a win/lose mentality is something that can be a great thing if used right. I don't see the problem with that. I think you'd have a very boring world if no one was competitive and everyone was always a winner. There would never be any motivation to get better. This doesn't just go for sports either, it can apply to just about everything.

As far as your beef with sports radio, that's what they're paid to do. Talk about sports and analyze them on the radio. Same with any other talk show subject.

Having an issue with betting is valid, as is having an issue with people fighting over their schools.
johnjohn

Post by johnjohn »

Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:Competitiveness and a win/lose mentality is something that can be a great thing if used right. I don't see the problem with that. I think you'd have a very boring world if no one was competitive and everyone was always a winner. There would never be any motivation to get better. This doesn't just go for sports either, it can apply to just about everything.

As far as your beef with sports radio, that's what they're paid to do. Talk about sports and analyze them on the radio. Same with any other talk show subject.

Having an issue with betting is valid, as is having an issue with people fighting over their schools.
I'm sorry, I thought I was on a Sports Suck forum. I meant winners in the fact that they were competitive and then you shake hands afterward no matter the outcome. Get it? There is a fine line. I didn't say competition was bad. I just F-ing hate football. That's why I am here. Have we not evolved past the point of knocking a ball around while knocking the crap out each other to the point of having permanent physical pain that comes and goes? Obviously the dumbasses that play haven't. I played football in High School cause I thought it would get girls and then I hated it even though I did get girls but my parents wouldn't let me quit and my skeleton is hating me today. I made a poor choice I couldn't do anything about. These dumbasses by choice choose to hurt themselves and others. Are you applying the sports competitive mentality to individualism? If you are then you are missing my point. Do you think the sports competition mindset should be applied to all areas of life i.e. business and the economy? For the record I play golf and really love watching women's tennis. I like the Grateful Dead, too. I miss them. Did you know they sponsored a Lithuanian basketball team? Did you know Jerry Garcia sang the National Anthem at a MLB game? Hey, I just hate football and the sports fan mentality. It could be worse here but thankfully it's not. They kill each other in some countries over sports.
johnjohn

Post by johnjohn »

johnjohn wrote:
Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:Competitiveness and a win/lose mentality is something that can be a great thing if used right. I don't see the problem with that. I think you'd have a very boring world if no one was competitive and everyone was always a winner. There would never be any motivation to get better. This doesn't just go for sports either, it can apply to just about everything.

I'm sorry, I thought I was on a Sports Suck forum. I meant winners in the fact that they were competitive and then you shake hands afterward no matter the outcome. Get it? There is a fine line. I didn't say competition was bad. I just F-ing hate football. That's why I am here. Have we not evolved past the point of knocking a ball around while knocking the crap out each other to the point of having permanent physical pain that comes and goes? Obviously the dumbasses that play haven't. I played football in High School cause I thought it would get girls and then I hated it even though I did get girls but my parents wouldn't let me quit and my skeleton is hating me today. I made a poor choice I couldn't do anything about. These dumbasses by choice choose to hurt themselves and others. Are you applying the sports competitive mentality to individualism? If you are then you are missing my point. Do you think the sports competition mindset should be applied to all areas of life i.e. business and the economy? For the record I play golf and really love watching women's tennis. I like the Grateful Dead, too. I miss them. Did you know they sponsored a Lithuanian basketball team? Did you know Jerry Garcia sang the National Anthem at a MLB game? Hey, I just hate football and the sports fan mentality. It could be worse here but thankfully it's not. They kill each other in some countries over sports.
(Here I am obviously arguing with an obvious football fan. Who's the idiot? Probably me.)
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

johnjohn wrote:Anyone know about this crap? What a bunch of stupid morons. I work at a place that insists on blasting the radio and a TV both at the same time as loud as it will go during the whole football season. I swear to God it is psychological torture. Bring the captured terrorists to where I work and subject them to this and they will tell everything they know in about five minutes. Forget waterboarding. Alabama football. That's torture. And if I tell people when they ask that I can't stand football then it's the same response. "Where were you born?" I say here and they say "I can't believe you were born in Alabama and you don't like football!" How can so many people be exactly the same in their stupidity? Too many people assume that because they like sports then everyone does. Or should. But if I try to tune the radio to a peaceful neutral music station or something funny or nice like a radio talk show then it lasts about two seconds and then it's back on the sports crap. I understand liking to watch a game but don't shove it down my throat. This is to any radical sports fan, especially you Alabama fans that have the A plastered all over your vehicle and your clothing and of course ball cap that you saw the coach wear and even more so to the morons that have a room in their house dedicated to their favorite sports team - SCREW YOU AND GET A LIFE YOU IDIOT AND LEAVE ME ALONE. And because of you we have to not be able to listen to the radio because they are so many of you stupid asses that they dump other programming because of ratings. Bunch of MORONS. Did I leave anything out? I'm sure I'll think of something else.
We're all suffering, brother. I know exactly what you're talking about. It's the same here but not quite as bad. It's not 24 hours a day but often enough to make you want to shoot yourself in the head. Yeah, I've heard of Roll Tide. A guy that used to work here had some sort of immoral infatuation with the team -he had ROLL TIDE license plates on his car! I think he wanted to have sex with the whole team or something. But you have my sympathy. Does EVERYONE else where you work like that crap? Maybe if you make it plain that you're not a fan, other people who feel the same way will speak up and admit that they really don't care much about football too. In my opinion a lot of people watch football just because they think it's supposed to be normal and they're expected to. When they find out that other people don't really like it, they'll find the courage to admit they don't care for it either. It happened to me like that. I heard a guy in the shop stand up and matter-of-factly say he didn't watch sports --just like that. I was amazed. Even though the snickers immediatly started and someone called out, "FAG!", he wasn't fazed. Talk about brave. After that, I started speaking up too and often meet other people who also aren't really into "the game" --they just tolerate it because it's part of popular culture. And now they speak up too. The TV watching of sports doesn't go on too much anymore unless the really hard-core fans are at work. They insist on it and monopolize the TV even though the rest of us don't really care to watch it but we're too polite to say anything. It's funny how sports fans think football is a license to be rude to everyone around them.

I Hope We Lose!