The most ridiculous quote I have ever heard

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
natmanhan

The most ridiculous quote I have ever heard

Post by natmanhan »

From one of my friend's Facebook page:
"WRESTLERS are the strongest, fastest and smartest athletes in the world. But that's not what makes them unique. They are the MOST dedicated people in the world. They sacrifice their lives to a sport of fighting. Where practice is 3 hours of lifting and throwing and conditioning. 3 hours of a literal street brawl. They give up there social lives. They cant party and get drunk because making weight on Saturday won't allow it. They cant go smoke after school cause they worked too damn hard to get into shape. They have no team out on the mat with them to help get past an opponent. They stand on a mat with all eyes on them, alone, no one to fall back on when they make a mistake, no safety to make the tackle, and no goaly to make a diving save. They are the leanest meanest and strongest in the world. Ladies want them, men want to be just like them. So this is a tribute to all those who sacrifice everything, their free time, their food, and most importantly their life. Why would someone work so hard, til they are puking in practice, sweating in their 3 layers and a sauna suit or skipping that badass party? Or why would they induce the blood sweat and tears? Or the early morning runs, or mid day workouts or the extra run after practice to lose that last pound to make weight. The road in wrestling always ends in tears. The man that takes second cries cause his dreams are over, and the man that wins it all cries more than anybody because finaly everything that they have afore mentened is finally worth while. Wrestlers will wrestle through anything because they are friggin' wrestlers. And greatness walks right with the word wrestler. I salute all who commit there life to something greater, something bigger than themselves. Wrestlers dont do wrestling cause they like it, you would be crazy to like to beat yourself up on a daily basis, and get beaten up by teammates and opponents just as much. Yet there are the few who love it, they do it cause they were born to. These select people I applaud. There is no future in wrestling, no pro league, no million dollar contract. Just a smelly practice room and a dream to be great. Wrestling is not a sport, its a lifestyle." - Unknown
This posted on his page by the guy who mooned me and one of my other friends who's a girl about 3 years younger than us for no apparent reason.
blackdog4444

Re: The most ridiculous quote I have ever heard

Post by blackdog4444 »

Indeed, that is THE MOST REDICULOUS quote I've ever heard of! What really got me is the part that said "Ladies want them". :lol: I'm female, but I certainly wouldn't want some smelly beast wandering around my home!
natmanhan

Post by natmanhan »

I bet it's unknown because the person didn't know how to spell their name.
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

lol I bet that is true! I've seen many idiots who claim that sports is so important start to lose their common sense and knowledge. I also can't believe the person automatically made the sexist assumption that pretty much all girls like big, dumbstruck idiots with tight clothing on that "wrestle" other guys [which I find to be quite disgusting] hot! It's beastly!
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

Sweating, puking, grunting wrestlers, huh? Yeah, doesn't exactly turn me on either. :roll:
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

Post by Detroitsportsfan08 »

obviously the guy was exaggerating a bit(or just dumb)

but you have to be pretty dedicated to wrestle. The top half is pretty much true. Wrestlers have to pretty much live, sleep, eat, and breathe wrestling.
natmanhan

Post by natmanhan »

Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:obviously the guy was exaggerating a bit(or just dumb)

but you have to be pretty dedicated to wrestle. The top half is pretty much true. Wrestlers have to pretty much live, sleep, eat, and breathe wrestling.
That is quite true. And a good reason I don't want to be a wrestler. Cross Country and Track were bad enough.
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! That's about the most ridiculous quote I've heard too. :)

I don't watch amateur wrestling but I've caught glimpses of it while channel surfing and, to me, it looks like a gay game of Twister. Those guys seem to always be immobile, locked in an embrace, with their faces firmly planted in the other guy's BUTT! :lol:

I Hope We Lose!
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

EWWWWW!! Ok that's so true, it's disturbing, Ray! :lol:
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

sorry for the ugly mental picture! :lol:

I Hope We Lose!
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

Ray wrote:sorry for the ugly mental picture! :lol:
Take pictures and email it to detroitsportsfan. We all know he'll enjoy them very much. :lol:
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

not a wrestling fan, actually.

I do respect the fact that it is a very tough sport.
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

we all know that, if it has ANYTHING to do with sports, you respect it very much. My ass once sat on a chair that was once sat upon by some famous and sweaty basket ball player. Want to kiss it? :P

It's hallowed ground now.

I Hope We Lose!
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

you guys have never done any of the hard work and running involved with sports, that's why you don't respect it. Or the physical contact.

none of you really have any idea. And no, barely trying in gym class doesn't count.
natmanhan

Post by natmanhan »

Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:you guys have never done any of the hard work and running involved with sports, that's why you don't respect it. Or the physical contact.

none of you really have any idea. And no, barely trying in gym class doesn't count.
Bullshit. I ran my butt off in Cross Country, 4 miles was an easy day. I kept doing push-ups and stuff until I fell over because I couldn't force my arms to stay up any longer. Sweat got under my glasses and would nearly blind me with how much it stung. Does that mean I'm going to respect someone for PLAYING A GAME FOR THEIR ENJOYMENT? No. I did in high school but not anymore.