Where were you on 9/11?

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Safety
Sportsman

Where were you on 9/11?

Post by Safety »

The tenth anniversary of 9/11 has finally arrived. You've probably been asked this a million times already, but where were you on this fated day ten years ago? I was in my third grade art class when my art teacher made the announcement to us. I was mostly confused, as I did not exactly understand what was going on or how I should interpret it. What about you?
"I hold that the parentheses are by far the most important parts of a non-business letter." - D. H. Lawrence
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: Where were you on 9/11?

Post by Fat Man »

Safety wrote:The tenth anniversary of 9/11 has finally arrived. You've probably been asked this a million times already, but where were you on this fated day ten years ago? I was in my third grade art class when my art teacher made the announcement to us. I was mostly confused, as I did not exactly understand what was going on or how I should interpret it. What about you?
I remember, it was on a Tuesday.

I was sleeping in late that morning when a friend of mine (my therapist) called me and told me about what he was watching on the NEWS.

I didn't have a TV at the time, so I turned on my radio to listen to NEWS broadcasts and booted up my computer to get on the Internet to look for the latest information.

I was horrified by what I was hearing on the radio and seeing on the Internet.

About a few days later, I saw some videos on the Internet, including videos of people jumping from the towers that they didn't show on TV.

I downloaded and saved those videos and I still have them on my second hard drive, including the ones of people jumping from the towers.

Even after getting a new computer, I took the second hard drive from my old computer and put it in my new computer.

So, I still have those videos.

I also have a video of Daniel Pearl getting beheaded by some Muslim terrorists. That really sucked!

And I also have a video of Sadam Huesien getting hanged.

That fucker got what he deserved!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

recovering_fan

Post by recovering_fan »

I was asleep when the towers fell. I was in college, and my first class wasn't until 11:30AM. I woke at 10AM and remember remarking on what a beautiful day it was. The morning was so nice that I even brought a portable mirror onto my balcony and a cup full of hot water so that I could shave on my balcony while I took in the morning sun.

I got to school around 11:25, and the main hallway of a building I had to pass through was jammed with people. I cursed under my breath and descended to the floor below in order to pass under them, so that I wouldn't have to walk through them. When I got to the building where my class was taking place, I found out about the attacks. Still, I ignored the news for the next 3 hours, because I had classes to attend. Even after that, I went to a tutorial and flirted with girls, as though nothing strange were going on.

At around 4pm, I ended up in a student lounge where engineers usually hung out. It was jammed with about 150 students. I sat there just staring transfixed at the monitor for the next 3 hours. Reality had finally set in, although it still seemed like a dream. I didn't know what to make of it. Was it just another attack on a building, like the Timothy McVey incident? Were we now at war? What was going on!
HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

I don't remember it that well, I was only 6 years old at the time. But I remember going to the bank that day with my mother, and I'm pretty sure that was before we heard about the attacks (although I'm not sure whether or not it was actually before the attacks happened). Then I remember watching the news coverage, but like I said, I don't remember that too well.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Earl

Post by Earl »

I don't remember. :oops:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related