Sports hurts our country!!

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
xray

Sports hurts our country!!

Post by xray »

I know alot of people who spent tons of money going out and wasting there hard earned money during these tough financial times just to cheer on a losing Philadelphia football team.Sure they may have injected money into the economy by feeding the already fat cats that prey on the ignorant sports fan but those kids and wives will suffer later in the month because Daddy spent too much money having a football party or sitting at the bar yelling like a maniac at a football team of millionaires while they followed whatever choreographed orders from the fat cats in the owners box relayed to the field for their financial benefit.Why else would they pay these overgrown undereducated poor speaking bad role models to our children for.This is a farce none of our kids from the neighborhood will ever go pro.Just false dreams injected into the population to spur sales of "authorized " sports products like Official shirts and balls. I wish families would take that kind of time to inject good solid work habits into our kids so they are not burdens on society later.Who cares if they can catch a ball!! Can the kids spell or balance their checkbook or have the ability to speak to another person without looking like a fool.Alot of kids dont because they are ushered through school on a sports wing just because they can chase a stupid ball.And a note to the eagles fans Dont cry when you run tight on bill money later in the month because its your fault not the economy .You pissed the money away! Should have taken your kids to a museum or a nature walk and learned something worth while!!
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

Re: Sports hurts our country!!

Post by Detroitsportsfan08 »

I wish you knew how to write a coherent sentence, but I did gather a couple things from that run-on paragraph.

Sports do build social skills, so your point about learning how to speak to somebody is very off base

What makes an art museum more worthwhile than a sporting event? Both are things done for fun.

"Why else would they pay these overgrown undereducated poor speaking bad role models to our children for."

EASILY one of the ignorant statements I have seen on this board. Sure, you have your bad seeds in sports but it doesn't compare in anyway to all the good things people in sports do. Do a little research before you make ignorant, stereotypical statements like that.

As far as kids not going pro, that's not why kids play the game. Sure, everyone has those dreams of winning the Super Bowl or World Series growing up, but kids play because they love the game, and you can't argue that.

And saying people spending money on sports related things is a root cause of hurting families is just asinine. There are countless other things being bought that you could blame.
xray

Post by xray »

One thing that i have learned here is to pick out the truly ignorant.Detroitsportsfan you are on a anti sports page harrasing people. I will continue to post my views here with people that think like i do that is why i joined this group.I will also ignore your rants because you are the one that is not wanted.So sports fan go to espn and write about how great your sports are because your ignorant and meaningless attempts to make us agree that sports are ok will be ignored. Fuck off sports fan. :D
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

You had nothing to come back with, so you chose not to respond.

I guess that was the best way to go.
xray

Post by xray »

Yes detroit nothing for nothing which is you loser!!
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:I wish you knew how to write a coherent sentence, but I did gather a couple things from that run-on paragraph.
Attacking someone's grammar skills is the best way to prove their argument is invalid eh?
Detroitsportsfan08 wrote: Sure, everyone has those dreams of winning the Super Bowl or World Series growing up, but kids play because they love the game, and you can't argue that.
Wow now that has to be the MOST ignorant statement I've heard from a sports fan. Maybe I'm blacksheep in the natural system in the world for not dreaming about winning the Super Bowl or World Series(both which I don't even know the date of each). You know some people only watch the Super Bowl for the commercials? :lol:

I gotta ask you something Detroitsportsfan, how did you think mankind survived thousands of years without the use of professional sports til the 20th Century? Sure some ancient civilizations had some "professional" sports here and there like the Olympics but how did the rest of the world last without them? I'm very curious to know.
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

Mankind also survived many years without TV's, Ipods, computers, cell phones, etc.

Guess what? Those, like sports, aren't EVER going to go away.

Yes, some people only watch the Super Bowl for the commercials. However, that is a very small amount, and the vast majority of the huge TV ratings the Super Bowl gets comes from, you guessed it, sports fans.

I like how in a post I will make a bunch of valid points, but you guys will nitpick at one little thing. Truly grasping at straws, much like the whole idea and basis of this board.
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:You had nothing to come back with, so you chose not to respond.

I guess that was the best way to go.
He doesn't have to respond to you. Responses are optional. I'm sure he has many valid counterpoints but either realizes you won't be able to understand them or just doesn't really like you enough to make the effort to enlighten you.

Not responding doesn't mean that a person can't argue a point or that you've won a debate. It means they don't care to respond. You may have noticed I only respond to a select few of your rambling posts. That's because either a) you bore me, b) you don't warrant a response due to some failure on your part (coherent presentation or bad manners, etc), or c) I am busy frustrating other would-be bullies.

So stop making assumptions (or don't -I don't care).

I Hope We Lose!
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

Ray read his posts clearly I think he's starting to crack. :D
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

It's a message board dude. No ones about to crack.
natmanhan

Post by natmanhan »

Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:Mankind also survived many years without TV's, Ipods, computers, cell phones, etc.

Guess what? Those, like sports, aren't EVER going to go away.
Actually that's not very likely to be true. If the universe ends all those things will be obliterated.
Detroitsportsfan08 wrote: I like how in a post I will make a bunch of valid points, but you guys will nitpick at one little thing. Truly grasping at straws, much like the whole idea and basis of this board.
Eh, whatever. Grasping at straws is fun though. Now to get past the warm-up and to the main event. (Irony eh?)
Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:I wish you knew how to write a coherent sentence, but I did gather a couple things from that run-on paragraph.
Detroitsportsfan08 wrote: Grammatical errors are annoying, I'll give you that, but they don't completely destroy an argument.
Detroitsportsfan08 wrote: Sports do build social skills, so your point about learning how to speak to somebody is very off base
There's other ways. The point wasn't that sports don't teach social skills but that there's more important things in life than sports.
Detroitsportsfan08 wrote: What makes an art museum more worthwhile than a sporting event? Both are things done for fun.
Some pieces of art cost quite a bit of money.
Detroitsportsfan08 wrote: "Why else would they pay these overgrown undereducated poor speaking bad role models to our children for."

EASILY one of the ignorant statements I have seen on this board. Sure, you have your bad seeds in sports but it doesn't compare in anyway to all the good things people in sports do. Do a little research before you make ignorant, stereotypical statements like that.
This I have to agree with.
Detroitsportsfan08 wrote: As far as kids not going pro, that's not why kids play the game. Sure, everyone has those dreams of winning the Super Bowl or World Series growing up, but kids play because they love the game, and you can't argue that.
I had some short daydreams, not really night time dreams though.
Detroitsportsfan08 wrote: And saying people spending money on sports related things is a root cause of hurting families is just asinine. There are countless other things being bought that you could blame.
Who knows. I'm sure my Xbox 360 was not the best investment though so I can't really criticize anyone else.
Detroitsportsfan08 wrote: It's a message board dude. No ones about to crack.
For somebone who criticizes someone else's grammar...
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

Last sentence was bad, I admit.

And even your most rabid sports fans know that there's more important things in life than sports, so I don't know what point you or anyone else here that says that is trying to prove.
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

And I do give you credit for being by far the most rational, and logical one on here.
Fitz301

Post by Fitz301 »

Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:Last sentence was bad, I admit.

And even your most rabid sports fans know that there's more important things in life than sports, so I don't know what point you or anyone else here that says that is trying to prove.
What are you proving by coming on here and defending sports to us when you have zero chance of any of us agreeing with you?

What is the point you're trying to make by coming here at all when there are plenty of sports oriented forums that you could post on where there are people like you, people who will agree with what you have to say about sports?

Admit it, you're a closet sports hater.

Fitz301 :twisted:
You might be a sports fan/jerk if...
You've ever started a sentence with "Buddy of mine..." or "I got a buddy..."
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

Because I find it entertaining.