Banning PE

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Indurrago

Banning PE

Post by Indurrago »

Enjoy all especially you Blackdog this link is a treat: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/BLHS
What do you think possible? Reasonable? How many PE teachers and jocks would beat you up would for even thinking about it? :lol: My highschool PE teachers were also driving instructors so I respect them because they actually taught something actually taught useful and practical.
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

Re: Banning PE

Post by Detroitsportsfan08 »

Maybe you don't think it's needed

But why the F would you ban it?
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:Maybe you don't think it's needed

But why the F would you ban it?
Yep, I honestly don't. :D Why the F would I not want to?
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

Same for me, especially since that class does nothing but set up all instances for someone to make a total fool of themselves. Heck, it'd be one less thing I need to worry about when I go to my technical training for college [though the burning question is: why is P.E. needed for jobs like chemistry or for automotive and aircraft mechanics]?
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

and why are classes like calculus or algebra needed for an english teacher, police officer, or lawyer?

You could go in circles with this one on many classes and jobs. Why is chemistry needed for someone who wants to go into business?

Everyone takes classes they won't need later in life. The point is being educated, and the point of PE classes is to try and help you stay fit. Clearly, you don't see that as a priority, and that's part of the reason America is so fat.
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

Oh now you admit this country has a problem now. Have you ever noticed what most sports fans do when the "super bowl" is on? Well they stuff their faces with artery-clogging pizza, chug liver-killing alcohol, and pretty much eat their friends and wife out of food for the next day. I'm only fat because P.E. is nothing but a bunch of tomfoolery. I'd rather use equipment than look like a retard chasing a ball around all over the place and start yelling out random things. Excersize equipment is so much easier to use anyways.
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

I agree. Schools are state-sponsored gymnasiums! Sports have nothing to do with learning! It's called SCHOOL. Not GYM.

If the sports nuts had a gymnauseum and someone attempted to teach English in it, do you think they would stand still for that? HELL NO! And they'd be right because it doesn't make sense.

Similarly, it doesn't make sense to make time for playing basketball during SCHOOL!!

BAN PE NOW!

I Hope We Lose!
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

Hell I could do without P.E. in high school! I can't get advanced chemistry due to the fact P.E. has taken up my schedule! Now, knowing that fact, it's now hindering my goal to have a side job as a chemist. :(
natmanhan

Post by natmanhan »

Ray definitely has a point. DSF, incase you haven't noticed, America has had PE for a long time, and it's still getting fatter.
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

That is true and a good point. I hadn't thought of that. We've had PE for decades yet we have a growing obesity problem. Clearly PE is not the answer to obesity.

That's probably the best argument against PE yet! Do you think DSF will admit it? No --just like he won't admit stadiums are drains on society. Even though there's loads of documented evidence laid out in easy to understand words.

I Hope We Lose!
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

Maybe he just doesn't get it? I can't quite read his mind, so I don't know.
Though I know for sure that children and teenagers are picky about sports, but children are the worst of the two. Usually, they only want to do a specific thing. Last I heard, boys called boys who jump-roped names such as "gay" or "fag". Of course, a person [of almost any age] would naturally want to relieve stress in an enjoyable way, so many children start eating more in response to such stress.
Teenagers, on the other hand, don't like playing specific sports for the worry of being humiliated some how. Also, teenagers tend to get stressed easy due to the fact they aren't emotionally mature but are getting close. And exactly how do many adults do when they get stressed? That's right, they eat.
Sports can't counterbalance this cycle of stress-eating or fight it. Most of the sports fans I know [about 75-85% of them] are overweight to a degree. Though the only sport that some of the sports fans I know like that doesn't seem to fit in the bill with being a popular sport is lacrosse. The lacrosse lovers seem to be the only fit sports fans I know [that aren't trying to get together with as many people as possible, that is].
Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

you guys do realize that the kids that go to these schools would be strongly against banning PE?

In the course of a day, gym class is a good way of relieving stress and having fun for most kids. Majority rules, sorry.

And just because America is getting fatter doesn't mean you ban PE.

They're not going to ban P.E. just because you guys feel awkward and out of place while playing sports.

Hell, you could sports even has benefits as far as learning goes. It's a stretch, but it can help you develop knowledge in sports related areas. Many people want to be sports writers, sports broadcasters, coaches, etc.
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

I don't really have anything new to say on this. I just can't stand seeing Dependent Sports Fan's name on top so I thought I'd knock it down. :)

I Hope We Lose!
natmanhan

Post by natmanhan »

In Track they actually made us jump rope to the point where it became painful. Nobody called us fags.
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:Hell, you could sports even has benefits as far as learning goes. It's a stretch, but it can help you develop knowledge in sports related areas. Many people want to be sports writers, sports broadcasters, coaches, etc.
Have you ever thought about the REAL jobs? The U.S. needs diesel engine mechanics and large animal veteranarians, not baboons wasting ink on such a pitiful form of entertainment. Of course, I'll gladly let you have no food at the grocery store since you think diesel engine trucks can fix themselves and those large diesel engine train thingies run on magical potions that keep them from breaking :roll: . And I'll let you know when those utterly disasterous riots and bank-breaking thefts strike Washington D.C. when all the patrolling police have had their legs rendered useless and can no longer move around or control the mobs without their guns, which got stolen from them, just because all their horses died from a "mysterious" outbreak of a virus and there were no good vets around to save the poor things. There are many more scenarios [with different jobs, that is] that can definitely be prevented when there are enough people to help prevent them. When you have everyone going to be a sports magazine writer, might as well devolve back to old fashioned farming since those trucks seem to not be able to run.