introduction and general comments

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
sportsareuseless

introduction and general comments

Post by sportsareuseless »

hey guys,
now that baseball season is coming i decided to google 'sports suck' and see what would come up, and well..here i am!
heres my theory on sports - let me know if you guys agree..i think attraction from sports mainly stems from the lack of any other intellectual interests. people who like sports are generally weak -minded and tend to follow the herd with this conditioned tribal response because they do not have the native IQ/intelligence to understand how pointless an activity like this is.
i have worked with idiots to harvard neuroscientists, and overall the pattern holds true..the dumber, the more likely attached to sports..anyone disagree?
think about all the time is wasted on sports - say someone watches 150 games of baseball a year, at lets say, 2.5 hours a piece - 375 hours = 15 DAYS of your life, pissed away..i would rather use 375 hours for a lot more important and productive things than sitting in front of a tv being hypnotized into idiocy watching some guys throw a ball around.
good quote from Bill Maher - im paraphrasing, but still - "i cant stand these middle aged white guys who get so into sports like basketball - when the team wins, they say "we won! we won!" - no, YOU didnt win, 10 black guys who would hate you if they knew you just won"
hahah, love it! hope to hear back from you guys.
Earl

Re: introduction and general comments

Post by Earl »

Welcome to this website! I love it too. But watch out for the hate-filled cranks. (Sometimes they're funny too, though. At least until they get to be boring.) Our current comedy duo is Fat Man vs. sports rox1234. (Or is it the other way around?) Stick around!
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

I tend to agree with you. I mean I'm sure there are people who play ball because they think it's fun but, in general, especially when it comes to people who just sit on their ass and watch other people play --yep, there is a strong parallel. :)

Welcome to the forum, brother!

I Hope We Lose!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Yeah, watching a sporting event on TV such as football, baseball, basketball, or golf, it's about as exciting as watching paint dry.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Lewis

Post by Lewis »

Ditto, I think watching sports is extremely dull and unrewarding task.
sportsareuseless

Post by sportsareuseless »

yeah guys, i agree -
i am NOT against sports in total- just really people wasting their time sitting on a couch "watching other people have fun" - ...i played sports when i was younger (rarely on teams), but i think its a great way to exercise, learn about working in a team, and meeting new people.
things can go too far though..i was on a little league team for around 3 years and my coach got so worked up over a game, he got into a fistfight with the other coach!
and when i went to school in boston and the red sox won the world series, some people i knew said that 'it was the greatest moment of their lives', at that point, things have gone a little TOO far. it made me want to vomit.
RaleighRob

Post by RaleighRob »

Well don't worry...most of us are not anti-fitness or anti-health. It's competitive team sports that is the inspiration and focus for the vast majority of this site's discussion.
sportsareuseless wrote:hey guys,
here's my theory on sports - let me know if you guys agree..i think attraction from sports mainly stems from the lack of any other intellectual interests. people who like sports are generally weak -minded and tend to follow the herd with this conditioned tribal response because they do not have the native IQ/intelligence to understand how pointless an activity like this is.
i have worked with idiots to harvard neuroscientists, and overall the pattern holds true..the dumber, the more likely attached to sports..anyone disagree?
Not only do I agree...but I have a great example. I actually know of someone close to me who self-describes as a "former jock". Over the years, as maturity has kicked in, this person's interest in watching or playing sports has drastically decreased to currently virtually none. Similarly, this person's interest in politics, history, science, gourmet cooking, music, film, tourism and a host of other cultural interests have drastically increased. Someone who 15 years ago would rather play rugby or soccer or watch a NASCAR race is now the kind of person who's interested in an afternoon at an art museum followed by wine & tapas at a Spanish restaurant and maybe an independent film. Sports? Hardly any interest whatsoever. :shock: All I could say is wow.
Coincidence? I highly doubt it!! :lol:
So yes...I definitely agree with your theory! :wink:
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

RaleighRob wrote:Well don't worry...most of us are not anti-fitness or anti-health. It's competitive team sports that is the inspiration and focus for the vast majority of this site's discussion.
here's my theory on sports - let me know if you guys agree..i think attraction from sports mainly stems from the lack of any other intellectual interests. people who like sports are generally weak -minded and tend to follow the herd with this conditioned tribal response because they do not have the native IQ/intelligence to understand how pointless an activity like this is.
Not only do I agree...but I have a great example. I actually know of someone close to me who self-describes as a "former jock". Over the years, as maturity has kicked in, this person's interest in watching or playing sports has drastically decreased to currently virtually none. Similarly, this person's interest in politics, history, gourmet cooking, music, film, tourism and a host of other cultural interests have drastically increased. Someone who 15 years ago would rather play rugby or soccer or watch a NASCAR race is now the kind of person who's interested in an afternoon at an art museum followed by wine & tapas at a Spanish restaurant and maybe an independent film. Sports? Hardly any interest whatsoever. :shock: All I could say is wow.
Yeah, I know what you mean.

OK, I admit, that I do like bowling.

Also, I'm left-handed, and that gives me an advantage, because the left-hand side of the ally is not as worn down as the right-hand side of the bowling lane, so for a lefty, it's more like bowling on a new ally.

But while it's fun to play, it's boring to watch on TV.

I would rather do it myself than to just sit there and watch it.

Also, it's a social event when bowling with friends. You can sit and relax while waiting for your turn to come up, and you can have a beer and a snack while bowling.

Ant that is the way spots should be. If should be fun. It is only a game, and not a freaking religion! Too many sports-tards make all sports, especially football into a fucking religion, and they cram it down our throats.

But although I like to bowl, I don't make it a major obsession. I have many other interests in my life.

I like to go to the public library, and to museums. I love listening to classical music, and rock. I like working on oil paintings, and building radio controlled model planes.

I love to read, all kinds of books on science, and politics, and of course, science fiction. But may main passion is Astronomy.

Check out my latest forum topic at:

http://www.sportssuck.org/phpbb2/viewto ... ?f=7&t=881
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

Post by Detroitsportsfan08 »

RaleighRob wrote:Well don't worry...most of us are not anti-fitness or anti-health. It's competitive team sports that is the inspiration and focus for the vast majority of this site's discussion.
Not only do I agree...but I have a great example. I actually know of someone close to me who self-describes as a "former jock". Over the years, as maturity has kicked in, this person's interest in watching or playing sports has drastically decreased to currently virtually none. Similarly, this person's interest in politics, history, science, gourmet cooking, music, film, tourism and a host of other cultural interests have drastically increased. Someone who 15 years ago would rather play rugby or soccer or watch a NASCAR race is now the kind of person who's interested in an afternoon at an art museum followed by wine & tapas at a Spanish restaurant and maybe an independent film. Sports? Hardly any interest whatsoever. :shock: All I could say is wow.

what makes gourmet cooking, music, or film any more important than sports?
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Detroitsportsfan08 wrote: what makes gourmet cooking, music, or film any more important than sports?
Well, first of all, gourmet cooking is much better than football.

Knowing how to cook is a very important skill, far more important than knowing how to chase a ball.

I love to eat, as you can tell my looking at the photo of myself in my avatar. :D

Food tastes so good and it smells so good while it's cooking.

You can't eat a football!!!

Also, football is ugly and repulsive, and it smells bad.

Music is more important than sports. I love to listen to music. I like to rock and roll, and I love listening to beautiful classical music. Also since I'm in the process of converting to Judaism, I'm learning how to sing our songs in Hebrew during our Shabbot services. Some of our songs are really cool. They rock.

I love beautiful music that really stirs my soul, send shivers up and down my spine. Listening to music feels so good.

Again, football is ugly. People shouting and screaming like morons in the bleachers, and it's boring to watch. Ho hum!!!

Film is more important than sports. There are all kinds of interesting movies that I love to watch.

Watching football on TV is for drooling moronic simpletons who can't follow a complex plot in a movie.

I rest my case!

Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

Everything you just said was a matter of opinion.

It can't be argued that science and politics in the end are more important than football. Even your biggest fans will admit that.

Music, cooking, and movies? All forms of entertainment, just like football.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:Everything you just said was a matter of opinion.

It can't be argued that science and politics in the end are more important than football. Even your biggest fans will admit that.

Music, cooking, and movies? All forms of entertainment, just like football.
Cooking is a vital skill that one needs to survive.

Music is beautiful and elevates one's soul to a higher plane.

Movies provide many hours of entertainment.

Football is boring! It sucks! It's ugly, repulsive, and it smells bad!

Everything is more important than football.

So, suck on that! JIMBO!!!

Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

cooking i can see

Music and movies, while I love em both, are just forms of entertainment, and can be a release from everyday problems, just as sports.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Detroitsportsfan08 wrote:cooking i can see

Music and movies, while I love em both, are just forms of entertainment, and can be a release from everyday problems, just as sports.
Music is beautiful, football is ugly, and it smells bad!

Football is gross, ugly, and repulsive!

Who wants to her a bunch of pre-frontally lobotomized baboons grunting in the hot sun, and stinking up the air! PEEEEEEUUUUUU!!!

I would rather listen to Mozart, Chopin, or Beethoven, or some of my favorite rock groups, like Meat Loaf, Pink Floyd, Guns n Roses, etc. etc.

The music one hears from the bands during football games absolutely sucks rubber donkey lungs!

You have to be a brain-dead retard to get off on that sort of thing!!!

blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

sportsareuseless wrote:i think attraction from sports mainly stems from the lack of any other intellectual interests. people who like sports are generally weak -minded and tend to follow the herd with this conditioned tribal response because they do not have the native IQ/intelligence to understand how pointless an activity like this is.
Sounds like the kids at my school.
i have worked with idiots to harvard neuroscientists, and overall the pattern holds true..the dumber, the more likely attached to sports.
Sounds like something that a scientist would study from the kids at my school.
think about all the time is wasted on sports - say someone watches 150 games of baseball a year, at lets say, 2.5 hours a piece - 375 hours = 15 DAYS of your life, pissed away..i would rather use 375 hours for a lot more important and productive things than sitting in front of a tv being hypnotized into idiocy watching some guys throw a ball around.
Sounds like something the kids at my school [oh, AND TEACHERS] would do! Oh, the joy...