Disney Censorship

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
natmanhan

Disney Censorship

Post by natmanhan »

http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/lionking.asp

This just pissed me off. I hate people who get art censored for their own self-righteous, self-serving purposes using deceptive precepts. This one particularly hit home though since when I was a kid I used to rent this movie all time from a party store/video rental which has since gone out of business, and like the memory of that place, I want the film I used to rent from there preserved in the form it was in at that time. And honestly, any idiot can tell it was SFX, although the constant movement of the looping image on the site suggests other wise :D (QUIT PROMOTING LIES FOOLS! :x)

Oh, by the way, so called "American Life Leauge," **** YOU! (CENSORED since they obviously can't handle words having to do with that type of thing).
sports rox1234

Re: Disney Censorship

Post by sports rox1234 »

You can clearly tell that it doesn't say sex.If you look at it you can clearly see the there isn't a third line at the bottom of the f that would make it an e.
I think the worst time to have a heart attack is when you are playing a game of charades...or a game of fake heart attack.
natmanhan

Post by natmanhan »

Yeah I know people are idiots. By the way welcome to the forum sports rox.
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

that's interesting --I can barely make out the letters --maybe. But I would never have known if someone hadn't bothered to bring it to our attention AND made that loop so I could see it. That, even if it IS the letters S-E-X would be impossible to catch by a viewer.

I agree. Protesting or censoring it is a collosal waste of time.

That reminds me of another scandal in an animated film. I forgot which one it was.. but in an underwater scene a preacher supposedly got a boner for a second. Was it Little Mermaid? I forget.

This kind of thing is just overkill. It reminds me of a news story I read about Saudi Arabia. In Saudi Arabia, a 75 year old woman has been sentenced to 40 lashes because she was observed talking with two 24 year old men -which is apparently forbidden by religious law. But the men were her nephew and her dead husband's business partner and they were only bringing her bread! What idiocy! I mean, I can understand a desire to keep sexes separated but this is just insane.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/10/world ... ?ref=world

It's the same sort of thing as with the movie censorship --going WAY overboard!

I Hope We Lose!
sports rox1234

Post by sports rox1234 »

^I think it was the little mermaid where the priets had a boner.And most of the disney scandals have been proven false so people should stop harrasing disney.Not that I watch it anymore but I grew up watching disney movies. So these people should stop finding ways to get disney in trouble! The stuff that they come up with is ridiculous!
I think the worst time to have a heart attack is when you are playing a game of charades...or a game of fake heart attack.
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

Why in the world would they want to get the Disney Corporation in trouble?! Is it some new form of entertainment or something?

By god, we MUST be bored to death if we're bothering a multi-million dollar corporation! :lol:
natmanhan

Post by natmanhan »

If they're going to attack Disney for something why don't they get after them for making kids think that their version of ancient stories is the original?