March Madness = March Insanity

Professional Thuggery! And yet some people actually spend money to watch! Unbelievable!
RaleighRob

March Madness = March Insanity

Post by RaleighRob »

Ugh. Can't have a freakin' conversation at all with anyone at work this month because it's all nothing but college basketball playoffs and brackets and what not.

Not much to say...just a rant I guess. But it is pretty bad here in North Carolina, where collegiate basketball is probably as big as hockey in Canada or Soccer in Brazil.
Even in the waiting room getting my car worked on, all the TV's were on it. God I can't wait till April!! :P
Ray
Site Admin

Re: March Madness = March Insanity

Post by Ray »

holy cow, that smacks of science fiction and mind control experiments. EVERY TV in the place was tuned to a basketball game?? Is there no room for individuality in this world? I can just picture TV sets all over the world tuned to the same channel. TV sets in hospital wards, TV sets in doctors' offices, TV sets for sale at Sears, TVs in school classrooms, in convenience stores, above gas pumps... all in sync, all tuned to the same channel as brain-dead sports fans stare mindlessly at its flickering glow.

.. be one of us... one of us... must watch basketball... join us... must watch basketball... must not turn channel...

Eventually, one of the brighter zombies will come up with the idea to do away with the channel knob to save money in production and make operation simpler.

We must save the world from this sad decay. The next time you're in a waiting room and sports are on and no one's watching, get UP and TURN the Channel!!

I Hope We Lose!
RaleighRob

Post by RaleighRob »

Ray wrote:The next time you're in a waiting room and sports are on and no one's watching, get UP and TURN the Channel!!
I certainly would. I've done that to the TV in the locker room at my gym....usually turning it to news or Comedy Central.

Oh, and now we get emails office-wide: there will be a pool on the brackets or whatever they call them. No thanks guys, I'll pass.
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

Oh yes, March Madness. That lovely time of year when I turn the TV on and get basketball instead of what I intended to watch. Every damn day. :roll:
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
sports rox1234

Post by sports rox1234 »

^ I know it is so annoying :x .
I think the worst time to have a heart attack is when you are playing a game of charades...or a game of fake heart attack.
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

It's worse when you're trying to get a weather condition update here in the county I live in. Instead, they waste your time about every action the star of the game took instead of giving you the useful information about the incoming hail and thunderstorm getting ready to pummel dents into your car or cancel school. Oh the joy. :roll:
RaleighRob

Post by RaleighRob »

And it gets even crazier. Today, Saint Patrick's Day, I wore bright green to work.

One of the basketball-crazies just spent 5 minutes trying to guess what school's team colors I was wearing. :shock: Um, dude...you have looked at a calendar lately, right? :roll:
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

lol That reminds me. On St. Patrick's night, a stupid drunk driver was tearing up the road. Well I guess the poor trashcan really pissed him off because he mauled it. Not only that, but it was the garbage can WITH WHEELS. Now that's gonna be a pain to replace. :roll:

Though I can guess what he was doing while drinking. He most likely was hangin out with his friends watching the damn college football game goin on at the time. Must've had more than a fair share of rum and coke during that whole dull event. Even then, he should know that there's a law against drunk driving, so I don't know if he was totally retarded or what. For whatever reason he decided he could drive drunk, it must've been one really inane one, so I hope he got caught and thrown in the slammer for a few nights or more.
sports rox1234

Post by sports rox1234 »

^ The drunk driver was probably just a total retard just like pretty much all sports fans.
I think the worst time to have a heart attack is when you are playing a game of charades...or a game of fake heart attack.
tnt633

Post by tnt633 »

March madness is the worst example of sports. During march normal regular non-basketball enthusiast(including other sports fans) suddenly start paying attention to college basketball just because of peer pressure. I bet most fans haven't even watched one full college basketball game this year . They just participate in it so they can talk about and look macho.
natmanhan

Post by natmanhan »

Argh, March Madness is the time when the only HDTV in my house is constantly filled with basketball games, even though they don't need that level of resolution and Halo Wars looks like crap without it.
RaleighRob

Post by RaleighRob »

tnt633 wrote:March madness is the worst example of sports. During march normal regular non-basketball enthusiast(including other sports fans) suddenly start paying attention to college basketball just because of peer pressure. I bet most fans haven't even watched one full college basketball game this year . They just participate in it so they can talk about and look macho.
You're very right about the peer pressure aspect of it. Even housewives who never watch it are suddenly expected to care about it and fill out those "brackets" just like everyone else.
I think I'm about the only person in my office who hasn't filled out one. :roll:
sports rox1234

Post by sports rox1234 »

That reminds me of when I was in 5th grade. When I was in 5th grade my math teacher was a big basketball fan and when it was march madness time the whole class had to fill out those bracket things. And then all class the other basketball fans in my class were able to talk about march madness all class it was horrible :cry: The kids who didn't like basketball like me weren't able to talk about anything pretty much all class long. No teacher should be able to have a whole class about march madness or any other sport, they should just freaking teach us about what our parents send us to school to learn which is math,science,language arts,and social studies not sports!
Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

tnt633 wrote:March madness is the worst example of sports. During march normal regular non-basketball enthusiast(including other sports fans) suddenly start paying attention to college basketball just because of peer pressure. I bet most fans haven't even watched one full college basketball game this year . They just participate in it so they can talk about and look macho.
March Madness definitely isn't the worst example of sports.

However, I do agree with you on your 2nd point.
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

sports rox1234 wrote:That reminds me of when I was in 5th grade. When I was in 5th grade my math teacher was a big basketball fan and when it was march madness time the whole class had to fill out those bracket things. And then all class the other basketball fans in my class were able to talk about march madness all class it was horrible :cry:
That's why I miss my old math teacher [who apparently got fired for reasons that aren't going to be disclosed to anyone]. He was really nerdy and really didn't care about sports one bit - even when one of his students started talking about sports, he just pushed it off to the side and continued doing what he was doing. Quite funny when you see the look on the kid's face. :lol:
No teacher should be able to have a whole class about march madness or any other sport, they should just freaking teach us about what our parents send us to school to learn which is math,science,language arts,and social studies not sports!
Yea, sounds like my school as a whole. The teachers only really talk about sports when they want. We rarely get all our work done in class anymore. :|