Forum Ranks

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
The Imperialist

Re: Forum Ranks

Post by The Imperialist »

How about something like...

Divine Shield and Deity of Nerds, Grand Nemesis of Jocks
Grand Protector of Nerds
Exterminator of Jocks
Destroyer of Jocks
Killer of Jocks
Murderer of Jocks
Kicker of Jocks
Prodder of Jocks
No aggressive action against Jocks yet
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

The Imperialist wrote:How about something like...

Divine Shield and Deity of Nerds, Grand Nemesis of Jocks
Grand Protector of Nerds
Exterminator of Jocks
Destroyer of Jocks
Killer of Jocks
Murderer of Jocks
Kicker of Jocks
Prodder of Jocks
No aggressive action against Jocks yet
Those are all great, though none of them really apply to Earl except maybe the last one.
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
The Imperialist

Oooh, I am a Fanatic know. (Maybe we should have a SpotsSuck.org Zealot)
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

The Imperialist wrote:Oooh, I am a Fanatic know. (Maybe we should have a SpotsSuck.org Zealot)
Congratulations on your new rank, Imperialist. Just think... 737 more and you'll be able to choose your own. Wouldn't that be worth it? I'm sure yours will definitely have some thought behind it.

Here are some ranks I've come up with for members with various stances on the board:

Utter Conformist: For those who seem to have absolutely no mind outside of the actions of the majority; who listen to all the popular music, waste their time going to parties like everyone else, think everyone who doesn't like sports is a nerd and uncool, and who show a contempt for anything different;

Timewasting Tosser: Someone who comes onto the board with nothing relevant or worthwhile to say at all and attempts to derail discussions, confuse people and disrupt intelligent discussion. But we do have the SPAMMER rank for people like this;

True Individual: Someone who has proven themselves to be a free-thinker; one who does not care at all for modern trends or being "cool", and is proud in their own thoughts and their personal interests in life and does not let a world full of sheep get to them at all;

SportsSuck.org God: Someone who has reached 5,000 posts, if they've not requested a custom rank or want to have this set as their rank, may have it.

I don't intend for any of these ranks to be used, but I thought I'd use my imagination a bit. Come to think of it, I wonder when exactly a person will get to 5,000 posts on here? I can take a big guess at who it probably will be, if anyone. :D

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

i_like_1981 wrote:Just think... 737 more and you'll be able to choose your own.
The minimum is actually 250 posts. :)
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

I the light of the recent Andygate scandal, I just thought of a new forum rank.

BACK STABBER!

They're worse then Sports Bores!

At least you can trust a genuine Sports Bore far more than you can trust a BACK STABBER!

I don't know about the rest of you, but . . .

. . . this is how I feel at the moment.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Agent 47

Post by Agent 47 »

Q: How do you know you're a sports hater in an Ivy League institution?

A: When the knives in your back are all high quality silverware!
"We can’t find a healthy brain in an ex-football player."

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/2873539.htm
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

Agent 47 wrote:.
Q: How do you know you're a sports hater in an Ivy League institution?

A: When the knives in your back are all high quality silverware!
Sir, are you implying that sports bores know what quality kitchenware is? :lol:
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
Agent 47

Post by Agent 47 »

Well the athlebrity royalty get treated as if they were born with silver spoons in their mouths, so maybe that influences the sports bores' choice of cutlery?!! :wink:
"We can’t find a healthy brain in an ex-football player."

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/2873539.htm
The Imperialist

I thought they only pretend to be cultured...
recovering_fan

Post by recovering_fan »

I'm sorry about the self-righteous way I used to carry on in the past.

To acknowledge past errors I would like to humbly request the rank of "Reformed Cossack."

If the powers that be like, they can take a while to decide whether I've truly reformed and deserve the rank. :)

--RF
HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

Why doesn't Lewis have a custom title, yet!?
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
recovering_fan

Post by recovering_fan »

recovering_fan wrote:I'm sorry about the self-righteous way I used to carry on in the past.

To acknowledge past errors I would like to humbly request the rank of "Reformed Cossack."

If the powers that be like, they can take a while to decide whether I've truly reformed and deserve the rank. :)

--RF

Oh well... :cry:
Earl

Post by Earl »

Hi, recovering_fan. I have no say over the assignment of rank titles. Skul is the one who does that. Perhaps he wasn't aware of your request. He's even admitted that he doesn't read every single post. So, I shall forward your request to him in a PM. Just remember, he doesn't respond quickly, which is not to be misconstrued as a criticism of him. He's just a very busy guy.

By the way, are you of Russian descent? I was just wondering. :)
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
recovering_fan

Post by recovering_fan »

No, I'm not actually Russian.

I used to read a lot old Russian novels when I was growing up, which is where my fascination with the country comes from.

Then I picked out this "Baloo" avatar for reasons that had nothing to do with Russia. (I didn't want an avatar that looked weak, but I didn't want one that looked evil, either. Baloo was the only pic that really served my purposes.) I later realised it had the look of a Russian soldier and was even a bear no less, so the temptation to starting referring to myself as "Russian Bear" proved too much to resist. :)