Introduction

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
greencom

Introduction

Post by greencom »

Hello everybody,
I just joined today after I stumbled upon this forum. I read all of your sports hating opinions and I felt an instant kinship with everyone. I too hate to see the almost universal madness in our society that drives the masses to waste so much time and money watching, talking about, fighting over and generally to be obsessed with sports. I'm 57 years old and was horrible in any kind of athletic activity in high school. PE was forced upon all students in the late sixties in the U.S. at that time. I was born with a cataract in one eye so I had no depth perception which made sports impossible for me but I was forced to compete with the jocks who were somewhat less than kind fellows. Ironically, I've stayed in fairly good shape all these years by keeping my weight down and keeping active and I can probably outdo those high school jocks who have turned into lazy slobs by watching those games on TV for forty years. That does feel good!In a way I suppose I did get some revenge. I like to communicate with people who use their minds and have an interest in their own lives and can see through this crap that has corroded our world. I'm sorry if I've been ranting. I hope to visit here a lot in the coming months and to share thoughts and ideas with you.

Thank you for your time,

Greencom
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: Introduction

Post by Fat Man »

greencom wrote:Hello everybody,
I just joined today after I stumbled upon this forum. I read all of your sports hating opinions and I felt an instant kinship with everyone. I too hate to see the almost universal madness in our society that drives the masses to waste so much time and money watching, talking about, fighting over and generally to be obsessed with sports. I'm 57 years old and was horrible in any kind of athletic activity in high school. PE was forced upon all students in the late sixties in the U.S. at that time. I was born with a cataract in one eye so I had no depth perception which made sports impossible for me but I was forced to compete with the jocks who were somewhat less than kind fellows. Ironically, I've stayed in fairly good shape all these years by keeping my weight down and keeping active and I can probably outdo those high school jocks who have turned into lazy slobs by watching those games on TV for forty years. That does feel good!In a way I suppose I did get some revenge. I like to communicate with people who use their minds and have an interest in their own lives and can see through this crap that has corroded our world. I'm sorry if I've been ranting. I hope to visit here a lot in the coming months and to share thoughts and ideas with you.

Thank you for your time,

Greencom
Hello there Greencom and welcome!!!

I'm proud to be the first to welcome you to Sports Suck.

I'm an ol' timer myself, because I'm also 57 years old.

Also, go ahead and rant away!!! :D :D :D

I'm probably the biggest (and fattest) ranter and raver here on these forums! :D :D :D

Yes, I too was lousy at sports. When I was 4 years old, I was in a car accident and my left kneed got all busted up. So, as a kid, I was unable to run, and I walked with a limp. Now I have to walk with a cane due to arthritis in my ankles.

Of course, because my ability to move around was limited by my injured knee, I put on a lot of weight during my teen age years. I now weigh about 400 pounds and I'm only 5 feet 6 inches tall.

But I do try to get some exercise, going out every other day and walking around, and I avoid too many junk foods, and I eat plenty of vegetables and fresh fruit every day, and I actually prefer fish more than meat.

So, despite my obesity, I'm probably still in better health than most of these broken-down ex-jocks, and I'll probably dance on their graves.

Anyway, once again . . . . .

Welcome to Sports Suck!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

greencom

Post by greencom »

Hello Fat Man (I don't feel comfortable addressing you like that),
Thank you for the friendly reception, I think I'm among friends except those sports loving fools that invade the forum, but I welcome the opportunity to confront their twisted, herd mentality pea brains!

Greencom : : :)
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

greencom wrote:Hello Fat Man (I don't feel comfortable addressing you like that),
Thank you for the friendly reception, I think I'm among friends except those sports loving fools that invade the forum, but I welcome the opportunity to confront their twisted, herd mentality pea brains!

Greencom : : :)
Hello again greencom!!!

Don't worry. Please don't feel uncomfortable addressing me as Fat Man. :D :D :D

I chose that name because that's exactly what I am, a Fat Man!

I like the name because it sounds kind of cool and has pizazz!!!

My real name is Gerald, but please, just call me Fat Man. :D :D :D

It's good to see another ol' timer here since I'm also 57 years old, and then there is Earl, one of the newest board moderators, he's a year older, a delightful gentleman.

Anyway, I prefer being called Fat Man. :D :D :D :D

The first atomic bomb used in warfare was named Fat Man.

So, I chose the name Fat Man because I'm da bomb!!! :D :D :D :D :D

And also, because I'm fat! :D :D :D :D :D
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Lewis

Post by Lewis »

Welcome to Sports Suck greencom.
RaleighRob

Post by RaleighRob »

Welcome green...hope you enjoy your visits here and come back often. 8)
sports rox1234

Post by sports rox1234 »

Welcome to the forums greencom! :D
I think the worst time to have a heart attack is when you are playing a game of charades...or a game of fake heart attack.
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

welcome comrade! please make yourself at home and thanks for joining our little party. :)

I Hope We Lose!
Katrin
Location: Urgh! Why do you want to know where I live! Don't make me get the gun out!

Post by Katrin »

Guten tag. I've just joined today too. I also think sports are crap... here in Glesga we're overrun by them! Stupid Rangers and Celtic getting all the attention roond here... :x - why can't people do better things with their time than watch idiots in shorts kicking some pig skin around a field? It sucks.
Best guestbook comment ever!:

I THINK ALL SPORTS ARE TOTAL RUBBISH. THEY SHOULD BE BANNED FROM TV. THEN ALL PEOPLE WHO TAKE PART IN THE SPORTS SHOULD BE PUT AGAINST A WALL AND SHOT AND KILLED.

- Glenn
Saturday, July 04, 2009
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

Hello and welcome Katrin, it is a pleasure to meet you.
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Welcome, Katrin. You've found friends of like mind here. :)

I Hope We Lose!
sports rox1234

Post by sports rox1234 »

Welcome to sports suck katrin!
I think the worst time to have a heart attack is when you are playing a game of charades...or a game of fake heart attack.
Millhouse

Post by Millhouse »

Welcome, I'm new here too as of today.
Katrin
Location: Urgh! Why do you want to know where I live! Don't make me get the gun out!

Post by Katrin »

Thanks. I will be coming here very often for a good moan at sports, particularly football, which is massive here in Europe - I hate it so much! Laters.
Best guestbook comment ever!:

I THINK ALL SPORTS ARE TOTAL RUBBISH. THEY SHOULD BE BANNED FROM TV. THEN ALL PEOPLE WHO TAKE PART IN THE SPORTS SHOULD BE PUT AGAINST A WALL AND SHOT AND KILLED.

- Glenn
Saturday, July 04, 2009
Earl

Post by Earl »

A belated welcome to the two of you, Katrin and Greencom! I couldn't log in until this evening. Katrin, I remember your name from the Guestbook. Greencom, your congenital cataract should have exempted you from PE; or at least you should have been placed on some alternative program. But what can you expect from boneheaded people? Even though she was legally blind with retinitis pigmentosa, my wife was forced to play badminton in a required college PE class! (I'm not kidding about this!) Since she had no depth perception, she never could see the birdie. Even though the State Commission for the Blind had a case file on my future wife, the coach did not even bother to check to find out that she was telling the truth. As a result, my future wife, who had always excelled academically, received the only "C" she was ever given since kindergarten. Ludicrous! I've become obsessed about this website ever since I discovered it last December. I've made a number of posts about the issue of mandatory PE, and have written a number of letters on this subject in "Letters 2009." I really look forward to reading more posts from the two of you. Again, welcome. You're right at home.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related