Moronic Texas Governor, Rick Perry’s History Lesson FAIL!!!

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Moronic Texas Governor, Rick Perryâ??s History Lesson FAIL!!!

Post by Fat Man »

WOW! This just gets better and better all then time!

With all that is going on in the political scene these days with these moronic Republicans that I have been hearing and reading about in the NEWS, you can't satirize this!

No, it's impossible to satirize the latest NEWS reports. Not even THE ONION can satirize what's going on in the NEWS anymore because it has all become so ridiculous in real life now! You just can't make this up!

THIS IS REAL!!!

OK, here is a link to the latest article on Texas Governor Rick Perry.

http://tfninsider.org/2011/10/12/gov-pe ... sson-fail/

Gov. Perryâ??s History Lesson FAIL
By Dan

Sounds like Texas Gov. Rick Perry might be taking history lessons from the State Board of Education â?? you know, the panel that adopted heavily politicized and distorted social studies curriculum standards two years ago.

During a post-debate gathering at a Dartmouth frat party (seriously) last night, someone asked Gov. Perry about statesâ?? rights. His response:

â??Our Founding Fathers never meant for Washington, D.C. to be the fount of all wisdom. As a matter of fact they were very much afraid of that because theyâ??d just had this experience with this far-away government that had centralized thought process and planning and what have you, and then it was actually the reason that we fought the revolution in the 16th century was to get away from that kind of onerous crown if you will.â?

Good grief. The governor who so claims to revere the nationâ??s founders and the Constitution was off by two centuries â?? the American Revolution happened in the 18th century. (And never mind the governorâ??s dizzy comment about â??centralized thought process.â? He seems to have confused the Declaration of Independence with 1984 â?? yet another two centuries away.)

Gov. Perryâ??s history failure has sparked a Twitter storm of other suggested â??factsâ? he might want to study â?? #PerryHistory. One of our favorites:

Yeah! As I have said earlier, you just can't make this up! Not even THE ONION can satirize this!!!

OK, I must confess.

When I was in grade school, history was not exactly my most favorite subject. Perhaps it was the way the teachers presented it that made it kind of boring. I was more interested in science, especially Astronomy.

But then, after reading a little bit of history in some Astronomy books, some history about Copernicus and Galileo, and about Galileo's conflict with Catholic Church doctrine concerning the cosmos, and about The Holy Office and The Inquisition, then I became more interested in history, especially the history of The Dark Ages, and The Renaissance.

I also became more interested in American history, especially after reading about the Puritans, The Salem Witch Trials, the Civil War in later years and about slavery.

So, even in grade school, although history was not my most favorite subject, I knew that America won it's independence from Briton back in 1776, the 18th century and NOT the 16th century. No, the 16th century would be the 1500s and not the 1700s. So, Rick Perry was way off by about 200 years!

Here is another little treat, or rather, a tweet from Twitter!

@StopBeck
Stop Glenn Beck

Ronald Reagan traveled back in
time 6,000 yrs and slayed the
dinosaurs in order to make
America safe for Jesus

#PerryHistory

11 Oct via HootSuite

Well, I really don't know if Rick Perry actually said this. I mean, like, seriously! Even Rick Perry can't possibly be such a moron!

(Or can he!!!)

NO! Please tell me it isn't so! PLEASE!!!

I've had it! I'm so disgusted! America is out to fucking lunch!

I know far more about science, and history, than all these rich sons-of-bitches in politics, and I'm living in poverty while all these drooling morons in our Republican party are raking in big bucks hand-over-fist!

FUCK THIS SHIT!!!

I'm outta here!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

recovering_fan

Re: Moronic Texas Governor, Rick Perryâ??s History Lesson FAIL

Post by recovering_fan »

I expect these comments were meant as irony. I'm sure he's well aware they didn't have flash lights at the Alamo, and I'm sure he's also aware time travel is impossible. These are just a couple stories he's telling to boost the image of things he likes: (1) Ronald Reagan and (2) repeal of air pollution laws.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: Moronic Texas Governor, Rick Perryâ??s History Lesson FAIL

Post by Fat Man »

recovering_fan wrote:I expect these comments were meant as irony. I'm sure he's well aware they didn't have flash lights at the Alamo, and I'm sure he's also aware time travel is impossible. These are just a couple stories he's telling to boost the image of things he likes: (1) Ronald Reagan and (2) repeal of air pollution laws.
So, Rick Perry likes to make shit up to boost the image of things he likes! Eh?

Yeah, even if it means saying something so stupid that even Kindergarteners would think he's a moron.

So, to show his support for something, he has to lie his ass off.

OK, we get it now!

Alright, I love Carl Sagan and I love Galileo. But that would be like me saying something stupid like, Carl Sagan traveled back in time to the 1600s in an attempt to save Galileo from being put on trial by the Holy office and the Inquisition, but failed in the attempt.

Now, you see how stupid and moronic that sounds?

And Rick Perry wants to run for President???

Who's going to vote for some moron who just makes shit up?

No, wait! Don't tell me!

I know! I know! REPUBLICANS!!! Right???

Excuse me, but did I just get off the wrong train in the wrong town, or what???
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!