Ex-teacher loses lawsuit against Mount Vernon schools

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

OK, now this just absolutely sucks on all four cylinders!

This really bit the bugle!!!

Yeah! It just keeps on getting better and better all the time.

I have to wonder how some Creationist retard can ever get a job as a science teacher, but to make matters even worse, this fuck-tard used a Tesla coil to burn a cross onto some students' arms!

He should have been fired just for that alone!

Anyway, here is an article from The Columbus Dispatch

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories ... water.html
Wednesday October 5, 2011 4:59 PM

John Freshwater

John Freshwater has lost his court case seeking to overturn the Mount Vernon school boardâ??s decision to fire him for teaching creationism and religious doctrine in his middle-school science classroom.

The two-page decision was handed down today by Knox County Common Pleas Court Judge Otho Eyster. Freshwater had filed suit in February, saying that state law and school procedures protecting his rights were violated, that a hearing referee's conclusions were flawed and the school's principal contributed to confusion and poor communication of school rules.

Eyster reviewed 6,344 pages of hearing transcript involving 80 witnesses during 38 days of hearings, along with other board evidence. The judge then ruled ruled that â??Freshwaterâ??s request that the court conduct additional hearings is not well taken.â? The school board put John Freshwater on unpaid leave and voted in 2008 that it intended to fire him. Among the allegations were that he failed to remove religious materials from his classroom and burned crosses on students' arms with a Tesla coil during science experiments.

The hearing officer found that the coil was not a factor in the firing, because Freshwater stopped using it after he was told to do so, but he upheld most of the other allegations. The school board in January then voted to fire Freshwater.

Freshwater must pay at least $100 in court costs.

If he intends to appeal, Freshwater has 30 days to file a notice in the Fifth District Court of Appeals, Eyster said yesterday by phone.

The Ohio Department of Education issued a letter of admonishment against Freshwater for using an electrical device to burn studentsâ?? arms, but it removed the letter in July pending an appeal by the Virginia-based Rutherford Institute.

The issue has not been resolved. The department could remove the letter permanently, return the letter to Freshwaterâ??s file or begin a full hearing on the appeal, said the agencyâ??s spokesman, Patrick Gallaway.

Dispatch reporter Jennifer Smith Richards contributed to this story.

dnarciso@dispatch.com
Yeah! Shocking! Isn't it!

OK, bad pun!

The article didn't mention how big the Tesla coil was, but a small Tesla coil can put out at least 50,000 volts while one can build a home made Tesla coil that can put out a million volts.

A Tesla coil is not a toy!

If you don't know what the Hell your doing . . . . .

TESLA COILS CAN KILL!!!

The school board should have done a Hell of a lot more than merely having John Pisswater fired!

That sick fuck should be put away for life!!!

If I had any kids of my own, and if one of my kids came home from school with a cross, or anything, burned onto his/her arm, I would take that Tesla coil, and shove it up John Pisswater's ass and turned it on!

I mean, like, seriously!

WHAT IN THE FLYING FUCKING HELL IS GOING ON IN THIS COUNTRY THESE DAYS???

Yeah! I guess I really did get off the wrong train in the wrong town!

No question about it!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

n3rdg4sm

Re: Ex-teacher loses lawsuit against Mount Vernon schools

Post by n3rdg4sm »

wait he burned stuff into someone's arm? wtf?????????

i had this astronomy professor who would be like "i am christian but this isn't the place for that"... I respected him for that... even if he was also the rudest, meanest teacher I have ever had at least he didn't preach
[img]http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab30 ... -2.gif[img]

(Please use a smaller signature - Skul)