Sports Care

Professional Thuggery! And yet some people actually spend money to watch! Unbelievable!
dwaynewade#3
Sports Bore

Sports Care

Post by dwaynewade#3 »

Did you know that all most all of the sports teams try to help out the comunity in anyway thay can so what do you all do to help the comunity and its not like the sports teams just keep all their money to themselves they try to help as best as they can
RaleighRob

Re: Sports Care

Post by RaleighRob »

Well that's nice.

I hear the executives of one of the major oil companies will sometimes go out and pick up litter. You know, one of those "look at us, we're not all bad guys" kinda things.
I don't buy it.

Just because a person or group of people I heavily dislike does something good once in a while doesn't change my mind.

Sorry.

Instead of wasting time in our forums why don't you and your sports fan buddies go and help these organizations, if it's so great. You have our blessing.
greencom

Post by greencom »

dwaynewade#3 wrote:Did you know that all most all of the sports teams try to help out the comunity in anyway thay can so what do you all do to help the comunity and its not like the sports teams just keep all their money to themselves they try to help as best as they can
Hey , Hitler built the Autobahn and Al Capone set up soup kitchens does that make them great guys?
Greencom
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

greencom wrote:
dwaynewade#3 wrote:Did you know that all most all of the sports teams try to help out the comunity in anyway thay can so what do you all do to help the comunity and its not like the sports teams just keep all their money to themselves they try to help as best as they can
Hey , Hitler built the Autobahn and Al Capone set up soup kitchens does that make them great guys?
Greencom
Not to mention, the Volkswagen was also Hitler's idea. Volks is German for people, and wagen, pronounced vogan means wagon or car, so it means The People's Wagon or The People's Car.

Yeah! I guess that makes up for killing over 6 million Jews!

I'll just bet that the millions of people murdered by Hitler are all happy and singing in their graves! Like, whooooopeeeeee!!!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Millhouse

Post by Millhouse »

Sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one.

Sporting teams are part of a larger commercialized, merchandise driven business. And a business's purpose is to make money, unless it's a non profit organization. And even in a capitalist society, non profit organizations classically don't make a ton of money easily.

As I said in another thread, a lot of charities and community help projects exist.

The fact that a sporting team does such a thing doesn't help me in any way.

Now, if a sporting team started a non profit organization to spread awareness of true comraderie, team spirit and non-harrassment by sports peers, and whose sole purpose was to help educate young children that P.E. should be about fitness and not competitiveness, and whose ultimate goal was to spread total awareness that tolerance for kids not as physically able to perform a physical task was paramount, then I might say you had a valid argument.

Then again, maybe donkeys are going to fly out of my butt, too.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Millhouse wrote:
Sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one.

Sporting teams are part of a larger commercialized, merchandise driven business. And a business's purpose is to make money, unless it's a non profit organization. And even in a capitalist society, non profit organizations classically don't make a ton of money easily.

As I said in another thread, a lot of charities and community help projects exist.

The fact that a sporting team does such a thing doesn't help me in any way.

Now, if a sporting team started a non profit organization to spread awareness of true comraderie, team spirit and non-harrassment by sports peers, and whose sole purpose was to help educate young children that P.E. should be about fitness and not competitiveness, and whose ultimate goal was to spread total awareness that tolerance for kids not as physically able to perform a physical task was paramount, then I might say you had a valid argument.

Then again, maybe donkeys are going to fly out of my butt, too.

If anybody thinks that dwaynewade#3 makes a valid point, then they must also believe the unicorns eat RAINBOWS and shit butterflies!

ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

larrybird33

Post by larrybird33 »

i think his intensions are good but all the information isnt there because i looked up alot of stuff about that and they seems 2 be doing alot 2 help our invironment .....sorry if this sparks a arguement just please reply after you see what im talking about so we dont get on a pointless disagree ment with no knowns unless you want me out cause i wont reply 2 a possible arguementative waste of time if that makes the slightest amount of sence
dwaynewade#3
Sports Bore

Post by dwaynewade#3 »

Hey not only just sports teams help out a little just so they dont look like bad guys every big company does that why would they waste their time doing things for the needy is what it looks like from their eyes. But atleast NBA keeps building homes for needy people helps out with education and tries to supply food for the hungry and they do this ALL YEAR ROUND and you can even look it up. I dont see big electronic companies helping out all year round they just do one big thing and think that is good enough....
Millhouse

Post by Millhouse »

dwaynewade#3 wrote:Hey not only just sports teams help out a little just so they dont look like bad guys every big company does that why would they waste their time doing things for the needy is what it looks like from their eyes. But atleast NBA keeps building homes for needy people helps out with education and tries to supply food for the hungry and they do this ALL YEAR ROUND and you can even look it up. I dont see big electronic companies helping out all year round they just do one big thing and think that is good enough....
That's probably because you don't look for electronics companies contributing to charities. I could probably pull up two or three with a simple google search, but I'm not going to waste the time.
dwaynewade#3
Sports Bore

Post by dwaynewade#3 »

hey just look on the forum hey and it will explain where i stand
Millhouse

Post by Millhouse »

dwaynewade#3 wrote:hey just look on the forum hey and it will explain where i stand
I have read your posts. I read these forums every day. I remain unmoved by your position. A sporting team or company helping a community is a noble cause, but lots of companies and corporations do it that have nothing to do with sports.

Want to impress us? Read Polite24's posts. Then make better arguments than he does. Then you might get a healthy debate.
resolvent

Post by resolvent »

This posting proves what a dumbfuck these pro-sports "people" are.
They cannot think past the number 1, as in 1 step in logic or strategy.

Most poor people would be generous to their community and give back if they were given lots of money.

Pablo Escobar, the notorious drug dealer, gave back to his community and did do a lot of positive things for the poor because of all the drug money he made selling addictive drugs.

Churches, drug dealers, sports teams - they ALL could do good work by giving money BACK to others but WITHOUT preaching religion, without selling drugs, and without doing bullshit sports if millions of people gave churches, drug dealers, sports teams millions of dollars first.

All you are doing is needlessly shifting money around from the masses to the needy, with the useless, worthless middle man (church, drug dealer, sports team) taking a huge cut.

GOD, I could ANNIHILATE one of these sports dopes with simple exercises in game theory.
pettejohns

Post by pettejohns »

Most of the people love to play sports as they are good for the health as well as for the fitness of the body, it is very much necessary for a person to take care of the sports, playing sports and take care of sports is very necessary.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

pettejohns wrote:Most of the people love to play sports as they are good for the health as well as for the fitness of the body, it is very much necessary for a person to take care of the sports, playing sports and take care of sports is very necessary.
Oh yes indeed! You are so right!

While playing football, for example: sitting on the bench for perhaps an hour before getting a chance to play, or in baseball, another example: sitting in the dugout for an hour or so before you finally have a chance at bat is very good exercise.

As opposed to . . . maybe . . . swimming, riding a bicycle, hiking on a nature trail in a forest, mountain climbing, all of which, to me at least, is a lot more fun.

But you are sooooooooooooo right!

All sports is excellent for physical fitness.

Now here is a fine example of a perfect specimen of physical fitness!

Yeah! I must agree with you!

Sports, like football for example: does indeed promote physical fitness!