hey

Professional Thuggery! And yet some people actually spend money to watch! Unbelievable!
dwaynewade#3
Sports Bore

hey

Post by dwaynewade#3 »

hey i have a question for all of you can you hate watching the sports but like playing them cause i like to play basketball and football with friends but i rarely watch them on t.v and they are very boaring unless you are the one doing them watching them really isnt funny but when i geet to the courts with my friends i have so much fun and when i go to the foot ball field and just play for fun not to see whos better everybodyu just thinks its all about winning i just rather have fun and enjoy myself.. Whats your opion??/
Earl

Re: hey

Post by Earl »

The very first page of this website (â??WELCOME SPORTS HATERS!â?) includes the following statement: â??Donâ??t misunderstand us -we believe in fitness and staying healthy. Thereâ??s nothing wrong with a neighborhood softball game or shooting hoops in the driveway.â? So, we have no disagreement here. :) I happen to be a member of a health club. None of us, I believe, has any problem with participating in a sport. What we object to are certain attitudes connected with certain sports. And some people have no personal grievances; theyâ??re simply just not interested in sports. This website simply is a place where people who donâ??t like sports can sound off to each other. We donâ??t go to sports websites and let off steam there. This website never was meant to be for everyone. What Iâ??m about to say now is certainly not intended to be a criticism of this website (which Iâ??ve thoroughly enjoyed and continue to support); but I wouldnâ??t recommend it to any of the personal trainers Iâ??ve worked with at my health club, because they might misunderstand and take it personally. On the other hand, they wouldn't start off by insulting us personally.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
larrybird33

Post by larrybird33 »

earl i know that you say tis was only intended for sports haters but as i sports fan i would really like to understand why everyone hates sports and maybe change my oppinion i dont see anything wrong with that but it seems like everyone is in attack mode and any comment will set anyone off.....its not like sports fans say they hate people that play video gamr and such cause im sure they do both but aoto matticly everyone hates sports fans ............

p.s. sorry for spelling
Millhouse

Post by Millhouse »

larrybird33 wrote:earl i know that you say tis was only intended for sports haters but as i sports fan i would really like to understand why everyone hates sports and maybe change my oppinion i dont see anything wrong with that but it seems like everyone is in attack mode and any comment will set anyone off.....its not like sports fans say they hate people that play video gamr and such cause im sure they do both but aoto matticly everyone hates sports fans ............

p.s. sorry for spelling
Again, go and read some other posts, posted by both the sports fans and the sports haters.

You'll find many of the sports fans introduce themselves by posting uncalled for attacks and verbal abuse (basically not changing their behaviour from when they were in grade school).

A textbook example of what I'm talking about is here.

http://www.sportssuck.org/phpbb2/viewto ... ?f=1&t=170

Click it.

And then understand this guy went on the assault without getting to know any of us first. Then he disappeared from the forums like a coward.

It's not a very civilized way of starting a conversation or even a healthy debate.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Millhouse wrote:
larrybird33 wrote:earl i know that you say tis was only intended for sports haters but as i sports fan i would really like to understand why everyone hates sports and maybe change my oppinion i dont see anything wrong with that but it seems like everyone is in attack mode and any comment will set anyone off.....its not like sports fans say they hate people that play video gamr and such cause im sure they do both but aoto matticly everyone hates sports fans ............

p.s. sorry for spelling
Again, go and read some other posts, posted by both the sports fans and the sports haters.

You'll find many of the sports fans introduce themselves by posting uncalled for attacks and verbal abuse (basically not changing their behaviour from when they were in grade school).

A textbook example of what I'm talking about is here.

http://www.sportssuck.org/phpbb2/viewto ... ?f=1&t=170

Click it.

And then understand this guy went on the assault without getting to know any of us first. Then he disappeared from the forums like a coward.

It's not a very civilized way of starting a conversation or even a healthy debate.

Oh yes indeed! I just gotta love this Captain America!

One of my favorite quotes from from him was . . . . .
Captain America wrote:In closing, I'm glad you weaklings have found a support group for how sports ruined your life because a big muscle-head ran through your studio en route to an amazing super bowl victory and broke your fucking easel and all your paintbrushes.
YEAH RIGHT!

So, it's OK for some brain-dead monkey-boy who is in such a big hurry to get to a Super Bowl game, that he takes a shortcut dashing through someone's property and causing a lot of damage in the process!

Like, it's OK to disregard the law and other people's rights!

But then, monkey-boys think it's OK to break the law, because they know they can rape our sisters and daughters and still go unpunished, and they even get to park their $100,000 dollar Hummers all day long in a 15 minute parking zone, and they won't get a ticket or have their vehicles towed away, unlike the rest of us common folk.

The rest of us human beings, we have to obey the law, but the law doesn't apply to monkey-boys!

You know, I believe that the USA should be reported to Amnesty International for human rights violations because of the monkey-boy goon-squads we have in our country that are allowed to terrorize us!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

greencom

Post by greencom »

First I want to compliment Capt. America for recognizing the fact that he is a musclehead and showing us jock haters how right we are. I had a thought recently, I think that the jocks should boycott going to the surgeon when they tear up their monkey bodies. They should show their solidarity by not getting X-rayed or having an MRI or a CT scan, after all, these devices are all nerdy geeky gadgets developed by the kind of people they bullied their entire lives. They should watch only games that are live, not televised or on the radio. What pathetic, stupid pieces of shit these smelly brain dead sports loving jocks are. Brilliant, serious people made the modern world that these brain stunted knuckle draggers live and play in. I would trade a million professional atheletes for one Einstein or one good medical research scientist. Please, all you grunting sports apes, keep e-mailing this forum and proving that we jock haters are right!
Shit that felt good!
Yours Truly,
Greencom
larrybird33

Post by larrybird33 »

haha i just read it millhouse and he seems to be a little logic at the beggining and it just got worse and to be honnest it embarreses me and i dont get why a bunch of people ask all the reasons why you dont like sports and i dont see how its not obvious because these narow minded sports people come on here and do the same thing im sure they do to ppeople that dont play sports on their school......just like i used to do but right around 10th grade i grew up and realized not everyones like me.if that sounds stuped im apologize
Earl

Post by Earl »

Larrybird33, sorry I'm late in arriving here. I see that other supporters of the website have replied to you, and have made certain points that I would have made, if I had gotten here sooner. I'm glad that any misunderstanding on either side is being ironed out. Since facial contact and voice intonation are absent, submitting posts at a website is not the most effective way of communication. I commend you for your open-mindedness and your apparent maturity. Sometimes you have to read between the lines here. I think most (if not all) of us here are willing to recognize that there are decent, even admirable individuals in all groups of law-abiding people. Sorry if that sounds corny. BTW, we all make mistakes in life, including yours truly. I certainly have made more than my share.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Millhouse

Post by Millhouse »

larrybird33 wrote:haha i just read it millhouse and he seems to be a little logic at the beggining and it just got worse and to be honnest it embarreses me and i dont get why a bunch of people ask all the reasons why you dont like sports and i dont see how its not obvious because these narow minded sports people come on here and do the same thing im sure they do to ppeople that dont play sports on their school......just like i used to do but right around 10th grade i grew up and realized not everyones like me.if that sounds stuped im apologize
Larry, I applaud your effort. I'm sure everyone else does, too.

There are people here that came in as sports fanatics who changed their outlook after reading some of what the people on this site have to say.

I believe sportsrox is one such person? I just woke up, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he first came on the boards in a defensive posture, then changed his mind and attitude and is now on our side trying to help educate others who want to understand.
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

Millhouse wrote:There are people here that came in as sports fanatics who changed their outlook after reading some of what the people on this site have to say.

I believe sportsrox is one such person? I just woke up, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he first came on the boards in a defensive posture, then changed his mind and attitude and is now on our side trying to help educate others who want to understand.
That's correct. He came on, posting obscenities and spamming and got labelled as a Sports Bore. Then he actually started listening to what we had to say. His posts have since become more mature and respectful and he's been moved out of the Sports Bore group. Hopefully, the same will happen to you guys.
Earl wrote:None of us, I believe, has any problem with participating in a sport. What we object to are certain attitudes connected with certain sports. And some people have no personal grievances; theyâ??re simply just not interested in sports.
Agreed.

Admittedly, the website name, www.SportsSuck.org, isn't entirely accurate. Then again, it would be a bit of a mouthful (and keyboardful) if it was something like www.CertainAttitudesOfCertainSportsSuck.org. When I first came here, I too thought it was simply a no-holds barred sports-hating website. Then I noticed that it wasn't the sports themselves that people were hating on, it was the attitudes and people associated with them. It was mainly the so-called "team sports" that were focused on, which, if you really look behind the scenes, don't encourage teamwork too much at all.
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
larrybird33

Post by larrybird33 »

agreed to most exept at my school i am a junior and there are only about 300 kinds thruot 9 thru 12 grades and we dont make any cuts for teams but ill use baskebtall as an example we do have a jv and varsity and freshman and sohpmores on jv exept good ones on vartsity but anyway im trying to say that at our school everyone gets a chance and i dont know alot about other schools but team work and team unity means alot to me and my team and the kids that may be labled as nerds or whatever get a chance to be a part of a brother hood and no matter the differences our team will come 2 anyone with open arms and amke sure they feel like they are apart of the team and i know hazing is an issue in other schools but thats just peoples own ignorince and im sure you will have that anywhere and if there are disagree ments let me know so i cant understand other points of view on this matter
larrybird33

Post by larrybird33 »

and i mean kids not kinds sorry
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

greencom wrote:First I want to compliment Capt. America for recognizing the fact that he is a musclehead and showing us jock haters how right we are. I had a thought recently, I think that the jocks should boycott going to the surgeon when they tear up their monkey bodies. They should show their solidarity by not getting X-rayed or having an MRI or a CT scan, after all, these devices are all nerdy geeky gadgets developed by the kind of people they bullied their entire lives. They should watch only games that are live, not televised or on the radio. What pathetic, stupid pieces of shit these smelly brain dead sports loving jocks are. Brilliant, serious people made the modern world that these brain stunted knuckle draggers live and play in. I would trade a million professional atheletes for one Einstein or one good medical research scientist. Please, all you grunting sports apes, keep e-mailing this forum and proving that we jock haters are right!
Shit that felt good!
Yours Truly,
Greencom
WOW!

I couldn't have said that better myself!

I might also add, that football players should no longer wear the hard plastic helmets, but instead, wear bronze helmets and leather jerseys. They should also apply war-paint on their faces, the number of strips indicating rank such as fullback, halfback, quarterback, etc. etc. and no numbers on their jerseys either.

Also, instead of building new sports arenas out of concrete and steel, the monkey-boy can just build their own arenas by digging a large hole in the ground, lining it with adobe clay, and lighting it with torches for night games.

Since sports fans and jocks hate us nerds and geeks so much, then they should just go anti-technology all the way.

I suggest they get rid of their cars and travel about in ox-carts, and also, that they live in houses with no electricity or indoor plumbing and they light their homes with candles or oil lamps and fetch water from a well.

All sports fans and athletes should be registered by the state, and be made to live in designated areas that are technology-free. If someone in school or collage is a bully, you just make an anonymous phone call to the authorities, then the bully will be picked up, and after a thorough investigation, the bully is then consigned to live in a technology-free zone.

We will also supply them with all the beer they want so when they get into their drunken brawls after their games they can just kill each other off.

I would say, good riddance!!!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

dwaynewade#3
Sports Bore

Post by dwaynewade#3 »

Thank you for that opion because i like playing sports but not on a team i cant do that i tried that once and got picked on very badly for it. Its not lik ethe coach even wanted me on the team. so now i just play with buddies so i dont get picked on if i cant run fast and grab the rim but i hate watching sports and now that ive actually got to talk to some of you i realize what you went through was just like me trying to be on the team you get picked on by the "good players" but ive come to understand that they think they are so cool cause they can play something physical but they are just hiding the fact that they are not that very good with their brain..
greencom

Post by greencom »

Fatman,
Thanks for the support, but I have to disagree with you on one point, bronze is a bit too hi tech for a monkey boy, how about no helmet, nothing to damage there anyway.
Greencom