Again?

Ice skates, maple syrup, and a dozen or so toothless morons.
Alienation Deliberation

Sorry for being Sexist

Post by Alienation Deliberation »

I'm terribly sorry for being sexist, I thought all girls were nice and cared about others and weren't ignorant of others. Now I see the light and I'm free of my evil ways! I have been cleansed by your holy ways!
Shall I continue? :roll:
Now that I think of it, I note a little prejudice towards sexists! You think I'm unintelligent because of one statement. Now that I see that, I can no longer hold in a thought that has torn at my mind for ages. That would be, "You hypocritical, prejudicial, despicable little girl, you."

I now end my statement with an apology for my disruption, thus halting this argument and creating a gateway to the one true meaning of this dedicated club which houses the one truth of our measly threads of words: Sport Bashing!
Sorry.
One of my favorite quotes by George Carlin:
"About this time, someone is telling you to get on the plane 'Get on the plane, get on the plane' I say f**k you I'm getting in the plane! Let Evel Knievel get on the plane!"
Ray
Site Admin

Re: Sorry for being Sexist

Post by Ray »

Alienation Deliberation wrote:I'm terribly sorry for being sexist, I thought all girls were nice and cared about others and weren't ignorant of others. Now I see the light and I'm free of my evil ways! I have been cleansed by your holy ways!
Shall I continue? :roll:
Now that I think of it, I note a little prejudice towards sexists! You think I'm unintelligent because of one statement. Now that I see that, I can no longer hold in a thought that has torn at my mind for ages. That would be, "You hypocritical, prejudicial, despicable little girl, you."

I now end my statement with an apology for my disruption, thus halting this argument and creating a gateway to the one true meaning of this dedicated club which houses the one truth of our measly threads of words: Sport Bashing!
Sorry.
Can't we all just get along? :)
After all, we do have that one thing in common: the belief that sports fans are morons and that <i>is</i> the most important thing. I know it's easy to mistake the tone of text and I think that's what happend here. Now kiss and make up you two!

I Hope We Lose!
Nicole

Re: Again?

Post by Nicole »

Sports Ftw wrote:Again, sterotyping. Just because someone plays Hocky does not make them:

1. Canadian
2. Toothless
3. An idiot
4. A maple syrup lover
I agree, Sports Ftw! As a Canadian, this annoyed me a little. It's not needed and too over-done. This cliche is more likely to make somone groan than chuckle.
recovering_fan

Re:

Post by recovering_fan »

CUJO THE NASTY wrote:CANADIAN: HELL YEAH
TOOTHLESS: Nope, got a few extra actually.
AN IDIOT: All of my ex girlfriends agre: Yes.
MAPLE SYRUP LOVER: You better believe it :) And so are alot of americans.

Now Onto Hockey. Not only am I incapable of Skating, I hate cold. I couldn't play Hockey even if I wanted to. The Hockey mentality is the same as any other sport mentality. Canada has an epidemic of "HOCKEY PARENTS", Parents who start fights and riot AT THEIR KIDS HOCKEY GAMES. What's up with that?
CUJO was apparently quite a character. :lol:

Wonder what's become of him?
ChrisOH

Re: Again?

Post by ChrisOH »

Definitely nothing wrong with maple syrup, Canadian or not! If anyone's ever in Northeast Ohio, feel free to check out some pure Ohio maple syrup! (shameless plug for home state..... :lol: )
i_like_1981

Re: Re:

Post by i_like_1981 »

recovering_fan wrote:CUJO was apparently quite a character. :lol:

Wonder what's become of him?
I do wonder. We had all these great members at one point - I've never seen any of them in all my time on this board. I'm pretty sure he was exaggerating some of the things he said but regardless, we need strong, interesting characters to form a more effective, bold defence against our opponents.

And as for hockey, it's one of those sports that you just don't hear about over here in Britain. Should I consider myself lucky, or would it make a far more pleasant option than non-stop footbore chat? For a start - how are those Canadian hockey player salaries for the top leagues? I can only say this - every nation has at least one dominant sport, and the media of that nation does everything it can to consolidate that fact.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.