2009/2010 Letters

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
abitagirl

2009/2010 Letters

Post by abitagirl »

Is anybody else having a little trouble reading the 2009 and 2010 letters? I have to keep scrolling from side to side in order to read them. Or is it just my computer?
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
Skul
Forum Admin

Re: 2009/2010 Letters

Post by Skul »

That'll be a new layout. Your screen resolution must be too small. Let me guess -- it's 1024x768?
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

800x600, I think.
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

hmm.. that's probably my fault. I thought that maybe people might not like scrolling all the way back up in order to be able to hit the link back to the main section.. But I bet most people use their browser's back button anyway to get back to where they were.

But anyway.. I'll take a look at it. Maybe I changed something without realizing it. Thanks. :)

I Hope We Lose!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

I don't have that problem at all.

Yes, I notice the horizontal bar at the bottom of the screen, but all I see is the arrow at each end but the horizontal scrolling bar does not appear. That's because I don't need to scroll horizontally.

But then I have a wide screen monitor with screen resolution of 1360x768 and that is the maximum resolution for my monitor.

It's one of those thin flat screen monitors and I also have stereo speakers.

Yeah! A wide screen for a wide person.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

abitagirl wrote:800x600, I think.
Really? Wow, that's a pretty old resolution. 1024x768 is the new 640x480, in my opinion. :P

Speaking of which, 1024x768 has no trouble with the 2009/2010 letters. It's just about wide enough. I lowered my monitor to 800x600 (the lowest it will go) and I did have to scroll left and right to read the letters. And I have to say, after having my resolution at 1280x1024 for such a long time, lowering it 800x600 made everything seem so... significant. :lol:
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

ha ha --significant --you mean HUGE? :)

I changed the pagewidth to 850. Is that any better? I don't want to change my computer's resolution to check because everytime I do, it scrambles all the desktop icons. : (

I Hope We Lose!
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

Skul wrote:
Really? Wow, that's a pretty old resolution. 1024x768 is the new 640x480, in my opinion. :P

Gee, thanks. :P Well, I changed it temporarily and it did solve the scrolling problem, but it also made everything so tiny, so I don't know if I'll really keep it like that. I'll probably just change it to read the letters.

Oddly, my desktop wallpaper also changed when I changed the resolution. Weird.
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

abitagirl wrote:
Skul wrote:

Gee, thanks. :P Well, I changed it temporarily and it did solve the scrolling problem, but it also made everything so tiny, so I don't know if I'll really keep it like that. I'll probably just change it to read the letters.

Oddly, my desktop wallpaper also changed when I changed the resolution. Weird.
It surprises me that no sports bore letters have arrived yet in the 2010 section particularly with all the 4chan "raids" and harassing emails going out. And the fact there were only two insulting guestbook comments. Speaking of the guestbook, has anyone seen that huge block of garbage that's just been posted there? I seriously can't discern anything from that. Are the 4channers back in action on here again? I'm down for another round of arguing now registration's back open.

And no, 4channers - no long responses from me! I know you find it hard to believe there are people out there who can write entire PARAGRAPHS of WORDS with decent grammar but I don't plan on giving you any more laughs at my expense!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Earl

Post by Earl »

i_like_1981 wrote:Speaking of the guestbook, has anyone seen that huge block of garbage that's just been posted there? I seriously can't discern anything from that. Are the 4channers back in action on here again?
It's not there anymore. Ray deleted it.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Earl wrote:
i_like_1981 wrote:Speaking of the guestbook, has anyone seen that huge block of garbage that's just been posted there? I seriously can't discern anything from that. Are the 4channers back in action on here again?
It's not there anymore. Ray deleted it.
Sehr gut. I see that the number of online users is beginning to step up again. At the moment, we have 11. Are our friends over at 4chan suiting up for another one of their lovely raids? I'll see about that in the morning. Das werde ich morgen herausfinden.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

I tell you what I found interesting to read on the 2010 Letters section.
Our "friend" Hank who was discovered to be a plant from 4chan actually felt emotionally hurt by his ban. I could tell that from the content of his letter. His reaction displayed signs of him being unjustly treated.
Well, Hank is intelligent. He's not just some idiotic zoo-tramp who just charged onto the forum opening up with pointless and pathetic insults and getting banned instantly as a result. No, he made a convincing member. He had me fooled.
And his letter to the site showed an intelligence not noticeable in the contributions of several other jocks on this website. Not what I'd call an "idiot".
But as a spammer, he was not sincere. He was here to deceive and lie in the hope of getting more info for his 4chan buddies, or "docs" as they call them.
He probably would have considered your response a little harsh, Earl. But you're right. His loyalty lay with the /sp/ board and he really didn't do a good job of covering his tracks. He probably wanted to be found out. From what you say he seemed to take pride in his deceiving manner.
So him, Awesome! and most DEFINITELY "john" should stay banned for keeps.
It was that picture of "John" that got me mad. That smug prick and his self-righteous expression with that bleached-headed bimbo by his side really made me want to RAGE SO HARD, as the 4channers said I did on that archived thread. I hate looking at people like that! God, he looked so full of himself did "john". Fake he may be but I most certainly took him for real!
The spammers should stay banned for keeps before they waste any more of our time! All we did there was fulfill their purpose of getting "mini-essay" responses... I shall be vigilant next time we get a sports bore ranting on here! I am not playing into these spammer's hands again! (Although I most likely will. You know me. :D )

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Earl

Post by Earl »

Oh, I don't think Hank was emotionally hurt by his ban at all. He was just disappointed by being deprived of a chance to work a little mischief. I thought I read somewhere that that kid in the attached pictures was dead. You could tell just by looking at his pictures that he was no high-school athlete. Assuming the young woman is not a manikin, you can tell just by looking at her face that she is not a very happy person and possibly has some very serious emotional problems (perhaps having to deal with the impact of abuse in her childhood).
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Earl wrote:Oh, I don't think Hank was emotionally hurt by his ban at all. He was just disappointed by being deprived of a chance to work a little mischief. I thought I read somewhere that that kid in the attached pictures was dead. You could tell just by looking at his pictures that he was no high-school athlete. Assuming the young woman is not a manikin, you can tell just by looking at her face that she is not a very happy person and possibly has some very serious emotional problems (perhaps having to deal with the impact of abuse in her childhood).
Yeah, that was probably Hank's real reasoning. I forget... spammers aren't exactly decent people. Some will be direct in what they do whereas some, like Hank, will use the art of deception. But there's only so far it will go! Not the only enemy this site has managed to frame... :)

The pictures of "john" only served to intimidate me less. He'd have probably had me more nervous had he omitted them. But I don't really get scared when I'm being threatened by someone who probably weighs less than I do. :D You get your muscular, chunky showoffs but you get your scrawny bastards in that group too! :D Ego is not judged by size and strength. The big black dude in john's second photo was not the sort of guy I'd want to mess with but "john" himself... man, had he been real, I'd have punched that! :D

Really, I don't know who's more morally wrong in all this. The 4channers for using the likeness of a dead person in order to get us to flame on him, or us for actually doing the job to a major extent! But that first picture was so annoying. I hate people who feel the need to paint themselves up on the internet and present themselves as the coolest things breathing. And she looked a bit loose as well. :lol:

Best regards,
i_like_1981

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

I'm beginning to support the idea of Hank having his ban lifted for a bit. I would be interested to hear what he has to say for himself now it is widely known that he's a plant from 4chan. Of course, he more than likely won't do anything, as we now know his real game. I know it is not my decision to make whose ban gets lifted, but it would be interesting to see how he would react were he to find out he was able to post again. Perhaps (it's unlikely, but maybe worth a try) he would be more honest with us now his secret's out. But then again, what's the use of having someone around when you know their only game is to deceive? I leave it with you. Whether the ban is lifted or not makes no difference to me at all.

Best regards,
i_like_1981