Oil spill

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
greencom

Oil spill

Post by greencom »

I find myself quite depressed over the gulf oil spill disaster, it looks like the containment dome is not going to work so many more millions will spill until l something else can be done. What a tragedy for people's jobs and the fragile environment there. I noticed that most conservative talk shows down play it and say it will clean itself up, yeah in a hundred years or so. :(
i_like_1981

Re: Oil spill

Post by i_like_1981 »

Yes, it's a real shame that even in this day and age, people aren't treating the environment with some respect. Especially following a major catastrophe like this. No wonder BP are getting called "Big Problems" (that's what I hear) - 11 people are dead and millions of gallons of oil are blighting the ocean and destroying aquatic life inside it. Perhaps people will regret what they did when the Earth is seriously worse for wear and plans have still not been made to take to space again. We were far closer to moon colonies 40 years ago than we are now. Strangely, space exploration seems to have become the talk of the past rather than the future now.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Agent 47

Re: Oil spill

Post by Agent 47 »

I heard that some bright spark wanted to get rid of the oil by setting fire to it.

I bet that went down well. :roll:
"We can’t find a healthy brain in an ex-football player."

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/2873539.htm