China's dark side: On Yellow River, corpses mean cash

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
HugeFanOfBadReligion

China's dark side: On Yellow River, corpses mean cash

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

Here's an interesting news story I read, and thought I should post it here for anyone who wants to read it. It's about people in China who make a living off of finding dead bodies and selling the bodies to the mourning families.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/09/16/1 ... river.html
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: China's dark side: On Yellow River, corpses mean cash

Post by Fat Man »

HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:Here's an interesting news story I read, and thought I should post it here for anyone who wants to read it. It's about people in China who make a living off of finding dead bodies and selling the bodies to the mourning families.

I read that article. It was awful.

Here's something ever worse involving murder.

I posted this one back in November 20, 2009 almost a year ago. Please check this one out!

FAT PEOPLE BEING SLAUGHTERED IN LIMA, PERU!!!
http://www.sportssuck.org/phpbb2/viewto ... f=7&t=4376

Fat people are getting killed and their fat extracted to be used in cosmetics to smooth out wrinkles.

But medical experts say it doesn't work, so fat people are getting killed for nothing!

This world really sucks!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

Fat Man wrote:
HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:Here's an interesting news story I read, and thought I should post it here for anyone who wants to read it. It's about people in China who make a living off of finding dead bodies and selling the bodies to the mourning families.

I read that article. It was awful.

Here's something ever worse involving murder.

I posted this one back in November 20, 2009 almost a year ago. Please check this one out!

FAT PEOPLE BEING SLAUGHTERED IN LIMA, PERU!!!
http://www.sportssuck.org/phpbb2/viewto ... f=7&t=4376

Fat people are getting killed and their fat extracted to be used in cosmetics to smooth out wrinkles.

But medical experts say it doesn't work, so fat people are getting killed for nothing!

This world really sucks!
Yeah, I heard about that a while ago. Some people just really don't care about the lives of others as long as they get their pay cheques.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
The Imperialist

Post by The Imperialist »

Well, money rules in that country.
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

Read the article it's sad also nobody really knows how or why they got there.
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
The Imperialist

Post by The Imperialist »

I have this theory: the money makers actually kill the people, and throw them into the river, to collect them later.
Or alternatively, they were used by the government for god-knows-what and when they died, were thrown into the river. I won't be surprised by either.
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

The Imperialist wrote:Well, money rules in that country.
Money rules in just about every country, and it's completely necessary to keep plenty of money going round for everybody's good. But the fact that people would make bereaved families pay for the bodies of their relatives is... more than a bit disturbing. If either of my parents died I most certainly wouldn't want some scrounger taking the body over to my flat and charging me for it. The shock would be immense.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.