World's Weirdest Sports

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
RaleighRob

World's Weirdest Sports

Post by RaleighRob »

OK, granted, we regulars here think all sports fanaticism is weird, but I thought this was kinda funny: http://www.oddee.com/item_87009.aspx

Some look silly yet fun (bog snorkeling). Others look like they'd be kinda funny to watch (chess with boxing? LOL). Some look easy (paper rock scissors league...but why are they shirtless?).
:lol:
Canadian_Hockey_Hater

Post by Canadian_Hockey_Hater »

wow... thats definatly... weird... lol such a waste of cheese.... btw they're shirtless because men that watch sports must be gay... i mean why else watch? a guy cant say hes not gay by watching a bunch of shirtless men tackle and fight each other... in cheese apparently... which is kinda understandable for why woman might watch them... lol seriously though, i switched to wrestling the other night for a second... it was 2 men... on top of one another... looking like they were doing a little different things then fighting... and hundreds of men watching and cheering them on... it was a little... a lot... creepy... lmao i changed the channel pretty fast though :lol:
Sports contribute nothing to society. They are a waste of time, money, effort and TV channels! It's just a bunch of buffed up, fat headed, idiotic jocks chasing a ball around.

If cheerleading were any easier... It would be called football!
RaleighRob

Post by RaleighRob »

Perhaps, but I'd just think that anyone involved in a "Rock, Paper, Scissors" tournament, wouldn't exactly be very appealing shirtless. :lol: On the other hand, if we could get people to lose interest in football and basketball and into Rock-Paper-Scissors, or Cheese Chasing, or Wife Carrying, then well...the world would be a much more interesting place.

:wink:
Jello Please

cheese chasing!!!!!

Post by Jello Please »

lol i want to try out that cheese chasing one XD
I like pie
blackdog4444

Re: World's Weirdest Sports

Post by blackdog4444 »

Is competitive eating weird??? I like that one!
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

The only two that made me go WTF?! Were the Wife Carrying and Rock Paper Scissors(least physically challenging sport I've seen). All the others I've seen something similar to or have seen before except the goat thing maybe.
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

I remember reading there was an extreme ironing sport. I suppose the chess/boxing, is a good mix of brain and brawn.
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Lewis wrote:I remember reading there was an extreme ironing sport. I suppose the chess/boxing, is a good mix of brain and brawn.
extreme ironing?! :)

that IS weird. Welcome to the forum, Lewis!

I Hope We Lose!
RaleighRob

Post by RaleighRob »

Heh...at least extreme Ironing would be something productive. :lol: I say this as someone with way too many wrinkly clothes. :wink:
RaleighRob

Post by RaleighRob »

Well, oddee.com has posted a sequel to the "Worlds Weirdest Sports"....
Now, they have the "Worlds Most Bizarre Competitions": http://oddee.com/item_96609.aspx
And yes, Ironing championships are listed! :lol:
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

blackdog4444 wrote:Is competitive eating weird??? I like that one!
Now, that's one sport that would be right up my alley!!!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

Yea, same here. I can put a lot away. I think the most I ate was like 2 1/2 lbs of food in one serving. Even after that, I was up for a desert! :lol: