The Debating Rally

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Alienation Deliberation

The Debating Rally

Post by Alienation Deliberation »

Competitive Debating!
Competitive debating, the only "smart" sport!

Rules
1. You must use one of the subjects below for your debate:
(Opposed or Agreed) Killing Rapists isn't Murder
(Opposed or Agreed) Fetuses are Human Beings / Abortion is Murder
(Essay) Your View Points on "Airline Security"

2. You must not use profane/obscene language within your debate.

How to Enter
You must use this template here to enter:

Code: Select all

[b]Name:[/b] /Put your name here/
[b]Subject:[/b] /subject here/
[b]Oppose or Agreed:[/b] /Obvious/
On your first post, make your opening statement, give an overview on what you're debating, and put your absolute feelings into it. If there are people who agree and oppose on the same subject, the second round will be those two debating and finding a weakness in their statements, and putting their honest opinions into it at the same time. If there's an untouched subject and/or all participants who chose the subject have the same view, I'll debate with them (if my view is different), which will take my vote out of the run for the best debate (see below). If my view is the same, then I couldn't debate, could I? This will be explained further if it happens.

Determining the Best Debate
The debate will be voted on by people who haven't participated, for the winner to have an unbiased victory, only captain or higher votes will be counted. I will also vote, unless I have to have a debate because of reasons stated above. Hopefully this is fun and teaches people at the same time.

This could take days, weeks, or maybe a couple months! Nonetheless, there will be absolute points and dispute in this thread that could also help us with our main goal: Freedom from Sports. Maturity is a must to win this competition.
Good luck!
Lewis

Re: The Debating Rally

Post by Lewis »

Name: /Lewis/
Subject: /Killing Rapists isn't Murder/
Oppose or Agreed: /Agreed/

Hello I would like to write about why I think Killing Rapists isn't Murder. I am a person who believes in the death penalty, I also believe that rape should be a capital offense. My overall argument is that to be able to rape someone you must be very sick minded and that you must be a soulless brute. To be able to make a person extremely vulnerable, often they are afraid to leave the house, that they can catch a disease and that a women may even get pregnant. To be able to do that towards another human being, the rapist in my eyes is no longer a human, the rapist is vermin. What do you do with vermin, you exterminate them. I also believe that with the death penalty that there will be less rapists and murders on the streets and when that happens people will start to feel safe again. Thank you for taking the time to read this.