?QUE!?

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Earl

Re: ?QUE!?

Post by Earl »

i_like_1981 wrote:
Earl wrote:
Fat Man wrote:He came into these forums with his smug looking avatar and bragging about donating bicycles to AIDS patients in Africa, and about how good life is going for him.
Looking at his avatar, I cannot even see the expression on Andy's face; so, I wouldn't say that his avatar is "smug looking." The reason he came into this forum was just to show that he was a caring person. His example actually contradicts the macho stereotype.
Was that avatar meant to be a picture of HIM? I thought the Bobcats were just the team he supported; I didn't realise he actually played for them. Is this one of the things he told just you personally? I certainly would not use a picture of myself as an avatar, but I know a few people on here who seem to have more pride in their appearance...

Best regards,
i_like_1981
Andy currently is a freshman at Montana State; and, yes, he does play for the Bobcats. In addition to clicking the link to their website that was provided by Ray in an earlier topic, I invited Andy and Tony to post in the forum instead of submitting messages on the Guestbook webpage. I also ran a few Google searches to verify Andy's story and found it to be true, of course. The avatar he chose to use in the forum of our website is the same avatar he uses at his own, www.thegridironpalace.com. I could be wrong, but I don't think he ever told me in any of his e-mails if the avatar was a picture of himself. I've just assumed that it is.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Earl wrote:Andy currently is a freshman at Montana State; and, yes, he does play for the Bobcats. In addition to clicking the link to their website that was provided by Ray in an earlier topic, I invited Andy and Tony to post in the forum instead of submitting messages on the Guestbook webpage. I also ran a few Google searches to verify Andy's story and found it to be true, of course. The avatar he chose to use in the forum of our website is the same avatar he uses at his own, www.thegridironpalace.com. I could be wrong, but I don't think he ever told me in any of his e-mails if the avatar was a picture of himself. I've just assumed that it is.
I am sure the blatant and bold usage of a sports-related avatar on this website did not set well with some of the members here; to me it did seem a bit like pushing the envelope, waving a red cloth at a bull. But the content of his messages was most reasonable and understanding and I had to realise he wasn't here to rub anything in our faces but to clean up after the mess that idiots like Samdaman left here with their stereotypical drivel. It's a shame when people like him have to be brought down when compared with such idiots. I reckon your assumption about the depiction of his avatar is correct. It probably wasn't an insult to the patience of the members here, more a calling card to any of the other gridiron members who may have visited the forum here.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

i_like_1981 wrote: I am sure the blatant and bold usage of a sports-related avatar on this website did not set well with some of the members here; to me it did seem a bit like pushing the envelope, waving a red cloth at a bull. . . . . etc. etc.

Best regards,
i_like_1981
You hammered the nail right on the head!

I can't stand to look at anything related to sports. As I had mentioned before, I had this teacher who punched me in the stomach with a basketball, and for a long time afterward, I couldn't stand to look at a basketball. To me, sports equipment look like implements of torture.

As I had mentioned before, in another topic, my ex-room-mate, after his second stroke suffered severe memory loss, became paranoid and delusional, and even violent, and one night he attacked me with a machete fracturing my left wrist. I spent three days in the hospital, and almost a month in a psychiatric ward being treated for anxiety and depression during my recovery. My ex-room-mate spent nine months in the slammer.

Now, I can't play the guitar anymore because of the nerve damage done to my hand amd my left wrist is stiff and hurts most of the time.

Also, ever since the night of the mad machete attack, I can't even watch any movies with sword fights in them because I get flashbacks of the night I was attacked with a machete.

And I cant stand to look at images of sports equipment of football players.

So, you're absolutely right. Seeing that avatar, the smug looking avatar, that was like waving a piece of red cloth in front of a mad bull.

Yeah, this is how I feel when I see sports equipment.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Earl

Post by Earl »

Fat Man wrote:Seeing that avatar, the smug looking avatar, that was like waving a piece of red cloth in front of a mad bull.
Toro! Toro! (just kidding) :mrgreen:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:
Fat Man wrote:Seeing that avatar, the smug looking avatar, that was like waving a piece of red cloth in front of a mad bull.
Toro! Toro! (just kidding) :mrgreen:
You know how to stop a bull from charging?

Take away his credit cards!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

I like that picture, Fat Man. Seriously, you make some great pictures for this website.
I have one question relating to one of those pictures - what car was on the picture you superimposed "John" onto in the "I hate all of you" thread? That was hilarious! I'm guessing even that was a bit out of his price range. Nice work. Shame he wasn't real; if he was, that would have really got his goat!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

i_like_1981 wrote:I like that picture, Fat Man. Seriously, you make some great pictures for this website.
I have one question relating to one of those pictures - what car was on the picture you superimposed "John" onto in the "I hate all of you" thread? That was hilarious! I'm guessing even that was a bit out of his price range. Nice work. Shame he wasn't real; if he was, that would have really got his goat!

Best regards,
i_like_1981
That was a beat up old Dodge.

I don't know what year it was, but it had to be from the early 1960s.