Jocks and Hitting on U

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
i_like_1981

Re: Jocks and Hitting on U

Post by i_like_1981 »

Fat Man wrote:1981, I think it's probably because you might look "too intelligent" and a lot of shallow bubble-headed bimbos are intimidated by that.
Yeah, there are girls in my vicinity who I would describe as "shallow bubble-headed bimbos".

The sort who are only after good looks, money and prestige, not those who have an interest in people emotionally.

I once saw a woman of that description sitting on her own in a bar, looking like she was waiting for something. I too was on my own at the time. So I went over and asked her if I could buy her a drink and she actually said to me "Push off, ugly". I didn't know if she was single or not, what she was like personally, as people like that will not let you get to know them unless you fit their "physical attractiveness" criteria.

But I'm pretty sure she was in a relationship of some sort.

There have been incidents where I have tried to talk to single women in pubs, hopefully start up a friendship if not a relationship, but "other men" have always come into the equation in some way. I have even had the good fortune of encountering these "other men" as they've returned to join their ladies. Thankfully I know when and how to slip away without a word.

It seems all these years, I have been wasting my time looking in pubs. There was never any real potential in it.

I shall have to find somewhere else to try. I ought to find a group of some sort to join, or perhaps an 80's disco somewhere? Meeting someone of like mind is key in starting up a relationship with real potential.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
sparkle

Post by sparkle »

But doesn't everyone want an attractive partner with a good personality? U run into bitches, but u will be ok. :)
* I always had hopes of being a big star. But as you get older, you aim a little lower. Everybody wants to make an impression, some mark upon the world. Then you think, you've made a mark on the world if you just get through it, and a few people remember your name. Then you've left a mark. You don't have to bend the whole world. I think it's better to just enjoy it. Pay your dues, and just enjoy it. If you shoot an arrow and it goes real high, hooray for you.*
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

sparkle wrote:But doesn't everyone want an attractive partner with a good personality? U run into bitches, but u will be ok. :)
Thank you. I'm sure something good will happen eventually. There has got to be someone. :D
Although being single does have some advantages. More freedom is one of them. My flat has just about become a shrine to the past and nobody can or will object to it, as they have no responsibility or obligation to partake in it. I am able to exercise my personal freedom more openly through living alone. Having a live-in partner would mean having to put away my old BBC Micro, stop playing JUST records released on vinyl... some of the old ways would have to go. And parting with the familiar ways you love can be hard. Accepting the new has never been my strong area in life! :D :lol:

Best regards.
i_like_1981

sparkle

Post by sparkle »

I hear u. I'm probably too crazy to live with! I'm at the point where I should be serious about finding a husband, but noooo. No one interesting.
* I always had hopes of being a big star. But as you get older, you aim a little lower. Everybody wants to make an impression, some mark upon the world. Then you think, you've made a mark on the world if you just get through it, and a few people remember your name. Then you've left a mark. You don't have to bend the whole world. I think it's better to just enjoy it. Pay your dues, and just enjoy it. If you shoot an arrow and it goes real high, hooray for you.*
Earl

Post by Earl »

Better to be single than stuck in a bad marriage.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Earl

Post by Earl »

i_like_1981, perhaps you'll find a gal who likes the old ways just as you do. :wink:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

sparkle wrote:I hear u. I'm probably too crazy to live with! I'm at the point where I should be serious about finding a husband, but noooo. No one interesting.
Well, I'm 28, turning 29 in June, so I should be looking to marry. But I don't see it happening anytime soon. At my age a lot of people are married with kids, but nowadays women are having kids later, when they're past 30, as work and fashion become the latest top interests before having families. So I wouldn't say it's too late yet. I wouldn't say I was too crazy to live with but some of my habits can be a bit off-the-wall!
Earl wrote:Better to be single than stuck in a bad marriage.
Quoted for truth. I know of nobody who is in a bad marriage; everyone at work seems satisfied with their marital status. But when you come to despise the person you share your bed with and come home to every day, there really is no hope at all, is there?
Earl wrote:i_like_1981, perhaps you'll find a gal who likes the old ways just as you do.
That would be a miracle. I'd like that very much. But these days, the female mind is very easily taken in by modern trends! There becomes no room for anything out of date which is automatically rejected, and as we know, I'm more than a bit "out of date"! :D It's not just women. Everyone seems to be influenced by the modern trends very easily. That's why sports are so damn popular as few people can resist them completely. I seem to have a natural skill at avoiding the possessive grip of crowd mentality!

Best regards,
i_like_1981